ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Malwarebytes is moving away from lifetime licenses

<< < (6/8) > >>

tomos:
^I cant comment on most of your post there Steven,
but:
'realtime' CPU usage of MBAM is fairly stable here at <0.01 (i5 / 3.10GHz)

Steven Avery:
I just bought one of the $15 specials. So much talk, need a little action.

tomos:
I just bought one of the $15 specials. So much talk, need a little action.
-Steven Avery (March 15, 2014, 04:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D

Innuendo:
And BitDefender played a painful recurring billing scheme, a fairly common trick where they try to gotcha on the install, which may be part of some super-duper-special, and then a year later can bill you on a credit card that you might not notice.-Steven Avery (March 15, 2014, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for jogging my memory regarding this. I worked for a credit card processor for a couple years (and got an education on credit cards that can't be learned in any school at any price) and we had thousands upon thousands of calls from cardholders who disputed a BitDefender charge on their monthly statement.

Back on-topic, I bought a MBAM license a few years back, not because I wanted/needed the real-time protection, but because I wanted to support them because they have helped me get *metric tons* of crap off of the computers that people have dragged in front of me begging me to fix over the years.

Carol Haynes:
Back on-topic, I bought a MBAM license a few years back, not because I wanted/needed the real-time protection, but because I wanted to support them because they have helped me get *metric tons* of crap off of the computers that people have dragged in front of me begging me to fix over the years.
-Innuendo (March 15, 2014, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Ditto

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version