ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Malwarebytes is moving away from lifetime licenses

<< < (3/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Confused - purchased a number of licenses in the past.

All are the Pro version but some say Consumer License whilst others say Home License.

Given these were all bought during the lifetime license period am I covered? The website is not terribly clear of Consumer / home differences?

40hz:
^Probably be easiest to just email them with license numbers for clarification.

crabby3:
Maybe uninstall/reinstall is needed?
-crabby3 (February 06, 2014, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like it, plus some rebooting, if you read for instance this forum post:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=63720
-Jibz (February 06, 2014, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Many, many thanks Jibz.  Your link provided the cleanup tool I needed, and didn't know was needed, to completely ininstall MBAM.

Was able to download/install a fresh MBAM Pro and insert the ID/Key.  8)

I tend to shy away from Product Forums because most (I have used) are P2P not A2P.  This Admin's solution is very easy to follow and use.   :up:

IMO  P2P=maybe useful, maybe harmful; reputation means zilch.  A2P=useful, informative and often step-by-step (my speed).   :)

crabby3:
Maybe uninstall/reinstall is needed?
--- End quote ---

Looks like it, plus some rebooting, if you read for instance this forum post:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=63720
-Jibz (February 06, 2014, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Many, many thanks Jibz.  Your link provided the cleanup tool I needed, and didn't know was needed, to completely ininstall MBAM.

Was able to download/install a fresh MBAM Pro and insert the ID/Key.  8)

I tend to shy away from Product Forums because most (I have used) are P2P not A2P.  This Admin's solution is very easy to follow and use.   :up:

IMO  P2P=maybe useful, maybe harmful; reputation means zilch.  A2P=useful, informative and often step-by-step (my speed).   :)
-crabby3 (February 06, 2014, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Forgot to include this in my MBAM unin/rein Victory Dance above.

Thought I'd get a quicker answer here... rather than going to them.
--- End quote ---
Still waiting for MBAM to *return-email me soon* (not exact words but similar).  Contacted them around 5 min. after posting here.
Don't need it now but that's beside the point.  More than one confusing place there.  Not even sure I contacted the right people. :-\

rgdot:
There is more to MBAM than free and pro (which has always been 1 pc lifetime)? (for non-business users)

Never seen anything beside the 2...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version