ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Malwarebytes is moving away from lifetime licenses

(1/8) > >>

mwb1100:
At some point (soon?) after Malwarebytes v2.0  is launched, they will stop offering lifetime licenses.  The new license model will be a yearly subscription, with each subscription valid for 3 PCs.

Current lifetime licenses are grandfathered, of course.

With the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.

We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.x. We'll be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses during launch as well. On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1.
-https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=141268
--- End quote ---

If you're considering pulling the trigger on Malwarebytes Pro and would like a lifetime license, don't wait too long.

$10 off by ordering through this link: https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/purl-arrrlp

crabby3:
At some point (soon?) after Malwarebytes v2.0  is launched, they will stop offering lifetime licenses.  The new license model will be a yearly subscription, with each subscription valid for 3 PCs.

Current lifetime licenses are grandfathered, of course.

With the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.

We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.x. We'll be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses during launch as well. On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1.
-https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=141268
--- End quote ---

If you're considering pulling the trigger on Malwarebytes Pro and would like a lifetime license, don't wait too long.

$10 off by ordering through this link: https://www.techoffer.in/go/malwarebytes-antimalware-discount-40

-mwb1100 (February 05, 2014, 01:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Really appreciate this info bwm1100.  I Mistakenly thought I had the Lifetime License... when it was only the Home License.

wraith808:
definitely.  I'd been hesitating over purchasing because of the fact that it's something that I rarely use.  But this gave me impetus to do so.

40hz:
I love how they handled this announcement: honestly, fairly and logically. I'd guess you'd call that acting with honor and integrity.

It's rather refreshing to see a company behave like that for a change. :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
I just realized... I purchased too many licenses LOL :)  Didn't realize each was useful on 3 pcs.  Eh, its worth it, and I might give the other away after I get things installed/registered to see how many I actually need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version