ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SOLVED: One of these thing is not like the other - Finding Unique Numbers

<< < (2/2)

rjbull:
I guess I could create a text file from each column, and compare somehow (dont have anything installed for that so if this the course to take, pleaase recommend something)-tomos (January 31, 2014, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
You might try a port of Unix comm, which I mentioned in DONE: Are any of the files missing???

tomos:
I guess I could create a text file from each column, and compare somehow (dont have anything installed for that so if this the course to take, pleaase recommend something)-tomos (January 31, 2014, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
You might try a port of Unix comm, which I mentioned in DONE: Are any of the files missing???
-rjbull (January 31, 2014, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks rj - I just changed the thread title to reflect that I got a solution (as quoted in reply #3). Not sure if this would work the same in other spreadsheet programmes, but using Planmaker:

apply this formula below in conditional formatting dialogue to cell B2 (B1 is column header)
=MATCH(B2;$A$1:$A$xxx;0)>=1
where xxx is the number of rows in column A that you want to compare with the rest e.g 400.
Apply some sort of highlighting formatting in the dialogue
you then transfer that formatting to all other cells that you want to compare with column A. This automatically adjusts the formula (you can tell I'm a real spreadsheet noob here lol)
Everthing that is duplicated is highlighted - so my numbers were the ones that werent highlighted

Resulting in the image in my previous post

Ath:
I hope I havent put you to too much trouble on this one Ath, and thanks for the offer :Thmbsup:-tomos (January 31, 2014, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
NP, I was just investigating/interested, hadn't started working on anything yet ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version