ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Width, spacing and padding (Oh my!)

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
This is a related issue that I have...

I have been using LBC in a single column:

It's not that I really want to use it in a single column, it's that I have no control over being able to force a new row.

If I expand it to a width I'd like, the things I want on an individual row by themselves, aren't.

It gets even worse if I do not use captions.

Ultimately, that is how I would want to use it...sections without captions...Like I do on my taskbar.

This is important to me for the sake of productivity. I want to be able to instinctively know where everything is, and I can not do that if I add more/less icons to a category and it causes it to change it's location on the bar, either pushing things up or down a row.

For example, if I add any more items to my upload folders category, it will push that category to a new row. Or if I add more items to the download folders category, it will change the contents of every row after that, completely rearranging where each category is on the bar.

It would also be nice if I could also define how many rows a category can occupy, forcing the overflow to appear on a menu, when clicking a divider button, like the taskbar does when you push the toolbars to occupy a single row.

wraith808:
Is it appropriate to say how scared I am now?  :'( :P ;D

superboyac:
-wraith808 (January 30, 2014, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
You're not alone.  App's toolbars have frightened me for a while now.

Vurbal:
Notice how I also use a left handed mouse pointer. That's another visibility issue. I like a big mouse pointer but the bigger it is, the more it gets in your way. Click on a text box and by default the pointer is directly over where you're typing.
-Vurbal (January 28, 2014, 08:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's actually a really elegant solution to that problem.
-wraith808 (January 29, 2014, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you. I consider that the ultimate compliment.

app103:
-wraith808 (January 30, 2014, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
You're not alone.  App's toolbars have frightened me for a while now.
-superboyac (January 31, 2014, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Admit it. You are just jealous of how incredibly organized I am.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version