ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Group two windows so they get focus together. Possible?

<< < (7/8) > >>

dr_andus:
@cshnick

Does TaskLayout work with multiple (in my case 3) monitors?

Does it open the apps all at the same time or in some sort of a delayed sequence?

I have a lot of resource-hungry apps that manually take me 5 to 10 min to open at the start of the day, and if I would try to open them all at the same time or very quickly one after the other, it would freeze and probably crash my PC. Would TL work in this scenario?

Otherwise this app would be very useful to me, but only if I could somehow ensure that a new app doesn't launch until the previous one has properly launched.

cshnik:
Does TaskLayout work with multiple (in my case 3) monitors?

--- End quote ---
I think I have checked TL on multi-monitor workstation, but not sure. Technically, I don't see any troubles on this but anyway you need to try it yourself :)

Does it open the apps all at the same time or in some sort of a delayed sequence?
I have a lot of resource-hungry apps that manually take me 5 to 10 min to open at the start of the day, and if I would try to open them all at the same time or very quickly one after the other, it would freeze and probably crash my PC. Would TL work in this scenario?

Otherwise this app would be very useful to me, but only if I could somehow ensure that a new app doesn't launch until the previous one has properly launched.

--- End quote ---
Currently, all applications are opening at the same time.
Your question is very good. I will include an option(will name it like "sequential app startup") in one of the next releases of TL.

dr_andus:
I will include an option(will name it like "sequential app startup") in one of the next releases of TL.
-cshnik (December 01, 2014, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great! Looking forward to trying it.

wraith808:
Currently, all applications are opening at the same time.
Your question is very good. I will include an option(will name it like "sequential app startup") in one of the next releases of TL.
-cshnik (December 01, 2014, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is the first indication that I've seen... though I've had my suspicions.  What is your relationship to TaskLayout?  It's usual on this forum to state if you have a relationship to the software you're discussing.

cshnik:
What is your relationship to TaskLayout?  It's usual on this forum to state if you have a relationship to the software you're discussing.
-wraith808 (December 01, 2014, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm the developer of this tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version