ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CrossLoop – Simple Secure Screen Sharing

<< < (5/5)

Deozaan:
I just heard about SplashTop. I haven't used it myself, but from what I've heard, it's very fast (unlike TeamViewer, which takes forever sometimes to update the screen).

It might be worth looking into.

ADNY78:
The different tasks need different solutions. I try to one-way remote control of my students with TNM.

40hz:
The different tasks need different solutions. I try to one-way remote control of my students with TNM.
-ADNY78 (February 04, 2014, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

@ADNY78 - Nice! I took a quick look and TNM seems like a very ca[able tool for remote monitoring and tech notification. I'm going to have to play with that a bit when I get a chance.

But I didn't see that it had a remote desktop feature which I feel is essential for providing remote support to a client. Did I miss it by any chance?
 :)

40hz:
I just heard about SplashTop. I haven't used it myself, but from what I've heard, it's very fast (unlike TeamViewer, which takes forever sometimes to update the screen).

-Deozaan (February 03, 2014, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thx for the heads-up Deo. I'll give it a try. :)

FWIW I never found TeamViewer to take forever to do anything. It's as light or lighter than any other RD tool I've ever used. But I guess it really all depends on the the quality and speed of the network connection so YMMV.
 :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:

-Deozaan (February 03, 2014, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
FWIW I never found TeamViewer to take forever to do anything. It's as light or lighter than any other RD tool I've ever used. But I guess it really all depends on the the quality and speed of the network connection so YMMV.
 :Thmbsup:
-40hz (February 04, 2014, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I exaggerated a bit when I said it takes forever. But I have experienced it taking several seconds to update the screen when there were large changes, such as opening or minimizing a window.

I tried SplashTop on my PC from my Tablet (Tablet to PC connection) and it works pretty well over WiFi. I think you have to pay if you want to use it over the internet. But I would agree that it seems to run a lot more smoothly than TeamViewer does. I like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version