ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

EXPIRED: Perfect Effects 8 Premium Edition *FREE* for a limited time

<< < (4/5) > >>

4wd:
Revo reports that I now have 178 programs installed. No, there is not a digit missing...  8)-Curt (February 18, 2014, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but that's only the number of file manager programs you have installed  :P

Curt:
Yes, but that's only the number of file manager programs you have installed-4wd (February 18, 2014, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:
Well, it can be used "stand alone", but it's intended to be used with other programs, for example with Perfect Suite or with Lightroom, so the "basic image manipulations" (like size/crop) are not supposed to be in it, they are supposed to be done by the other program.-verszipo (February 18, 2014, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

And you could use that exact same logic to explain away the need for the open and save dialogs, as they are after all rather pointless for a plugin. So I guess this is to stand alone...with friends. My definition of alone is a bit different I guess.

I know that for someone who doesn't intend to use it with Perfect Suite or Lightroom it's annoying, but it would also be annoying for me to have a resize in a program that's supposed to be a plugin/extension to Lightroom.-verszipo (February 18, 2014, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure there are a medley of things that can be toggled on or off as the software is started in either one of plugin or standalone modes. There is no "have to" in affording one options, however in omitting thing it does force one to have to futz with yet another piece of software to do a single (quick image modification) thing.

Also, don't forget that Perfect Effects is supposed to be the last step in the photo manipulation workflow, while resize/cut should be one of the first things you do.-verszipo (February 18, 2014, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

That assumes a great deal about ones workflow...and according to whose rules? Perhaps someone wanted to dial in a few details while the image was still large/complete before dropping/cropping it to the finished size? I'm not a graphic artist with 100% of my time and space dedicated to image manipulation. I'm a network administrator that occasionally needs to do something quick with an image and therefore don't have time to waste going boing, boing, boing, between applications while trying to accomplish some probably trivial task for a user that got stuck needing X for Y in preparation for a deadline of some kind.

Besides, it's free, what more can you ask from it ? :P
-verszipo (February 18, 2014, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually it's normally $100 according to the add in the OP...and I can ask for the rest of it in the scant few moments while this is still a free country. :D

crabby3:
   ...Perhaps someone wanted to dial in a few details while the image was still large/complete before dropping/cropping it to the finished size?
-Stoic Joker (February 19, 2014, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

IMO an image gets more difficult to *improve*, as the size gets smaller so cropping or resize is one of my last edits.

I'm not a graphic artist with 100% of my time and space dedicated to image manipulation. I'm a network administrator that occasionally needs to do something quick with an image and therefore don't have time to waste going boing, boing, boing, between applications while trying to accomplish some probably trivial task for a user that got stuck needing X for Y in preparation for a deadline of some kind.
-Stoic Joker (February 19, 2014, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not a graphic artist nor a network admin, not enough interest or brain cells, respectively.  PSP-9 was my choice, not free for me, but all my boinging is done without plugins.
It appears to be free here: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/paint-shop-pro-9-0  Note: UAYOR. This is just one example of where it is offered for free.
My edits are pretty quick; though I'm in no hurry.  The Help and Context Help sections are equally useful.  Lot easier than using the 1.5 inch thick manual.   ;D
It opens in a Windows window, so it's not stand alone but it may as well be.  Anything one may want to change, add, remove, etc. is right there... somewhere ...
Once you've learned where things are you can customize Your Workspace and save it.  This includes custom context menus, custom hotkeys, custom toolbars...

----------

I did watch the *contrast demo*.  This is just a more/less-contrast program?
Just showing end-result images are pointless.  Unfortunately this is usually a sign of deception IMO.  The cute little baby in the basket is a good example.
It's a whole lot easier to make a modern color photo look old; than the other way around.

Stoic Joker:
It appears to be free here: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/paint-shop-pro-9-0  Note: UAYOR. This is just one example of where it is offered for free.-crabby3 (February 19, 2014, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Damn, cool site man. One of my favorites was (the unfortunately 16-bit) Jasc ImageCommander v2.00 (from 1996) until I jumped to a 64-bit machine here at work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version