ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook D.O.A.

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
^ And you know what?  They wouldn't care about that.  What would they care about?

4.6 million snapchat photos leaked.

daddydave:
It's probably always been dead to 16-18 year olds because the rest of us are there  -- and 16-18 years is a tiny demographic.

I am one of those people who hate Facebook but still use it because people are on it, and it seems to be the default way to keep in touch with friends and family members, when you don't really have anything to say.

Adults used to write letters (kids still do), and sometimes put pictures in those envelopes. I haven't done that in decades, it's just easier to type one sentence instead of write a whole page, and post the picture there, and it is 1:Many communication, so there is a chance someone will care.

I tried Whatsapp and wasn't impressed. You can only use it with people who know your phone number anyway, and if you travel outside your home country and have to put in a new SIM card for a different phone number, you're offlne.

bit:
"Facebook will lose 80% of users by 2017, say Princeton researchers
Forecast of social network's impending doom comes from comparing its growth curve to that of an infectious disease."  ;D
"Scientists argue that, like bubonic plague, Facebook will eventually die out."

TaoPhoenix:
"Facebook will lose 80% of users by 2017, say Princeton researchers
Forecast of social network's impending doom comes from comparing its growth curve to that of an infectious disease."  ;D
"Scientists argue that, like bubonic plague, Facebook will eventually die out."
-bit (January 23, 2014, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh while this makes for a funny meme, maybe Science is about taking really odd approaches to stuff. A couple of early instincts say that there's a couple of horrible hidden data biases are going on here.
- These are people, people are not viral particles. People are on Facebook because it's "Fun"!
- Big Money is out to protect this, where viruses are "brute clever" but can't orchestrate lock-ins and stuff.

The comparison here I'd want to see is more like Facebook vs AIDS!
:o

xtabber:
Here's a wonderful debunking, by a Facebook data scientist, of the study by wannabee researchers at Princeton University that started this silly story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version