ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

RightNote Pro 50% Off Thru January 31

<< < (4/6) > >>

Scott_Y:
Is anyone here using RightNote v.3? If so, can you tell me if there are any other changes/features/improvements over v.2, other than the Evernote sync changes?-J-Mac (January 24, 2014, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
You can view the history here http://bauerapps.com/rightnote-release-history/

Clearly all the recent development has gone into Evernote sync. Although RN is truly useful software and very well done, the interface is sometimes awkward. I'm hoping Rael will also work on improving that -- for example, making the note tree auto scroll to always focus the current note.

Rael, am I correct that the discount applies only to new orders, not to upgrades from v. 2?  Thanks.-wocius (January 24, 2014, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Why not just buy a new license at 50% off? I think upgrades for any software are rarely better than that, and often at a lower percentage discount.

rjbull:
I'm hoping Rael will also work [...] making the note tree auto scroll to always focus the current note.-Scott_Y (January 24, 2014, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1 :up:

J-Mac:
You can view the history here http://bauerapps.com/rightnote-release-history/-Scott_Y (January 24, 2014, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I am familiar with the release history. However such histories commonly contain the main highlights of each release. I guess I could have been more clear:  I was hoping that if there were other new features or improvements other than the Evernote sync and someone here at DC was aware of them, they could tell me about them.
 :)

Clearly all the recent development has gone into Evernote sync. Although RN is truly useful software and very well done, the interface is sometimes awkward. I'm hoping Rael will also work on improving that -- for example, making the note tree auto scroll to always focus the current note.
--- End quote ---

+1. Also there are a number of other tweaks that RN could use IMO. Some I mentioned above but there are more that I didn't list.

Rael, am I correct that the discount applies only to new orders, not to upgrades from v. 2?  Thanks.-wocius (January 24, 2014, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Why not just buy a new license at 50% off? I think upgrades for any software are rarely better than that, and often at a lower percentage discount.

--- End quote ---

Same price AFAICT. The January 2014 discount and the upgrade pricing are both 50% off, so there's no additional savings.

Actually I would spring for the upgrade at that price IF there was a compelling reason, like new features or major improvements. Either or both are to be expected in a "major upgrade". But if it is only improvements/changes to the Evernote sync, that doesn’t justify it for me. That might be more than enough for some users or even most users. Personally I would much rather see the current improvement needs and deficiencies addressed before adding major features, which will naturally take up all development time available and leave the other stuff at the bottom of any priority list or roadmap.

Thank you.

Jim

Lutz_:
For somebody new to note-taking software, what would be the main advantages of Rightnote over Evernote?
Thanks in advance!

J-Mac:
For somebody new to note-taking software, what would be the main advantages of Rightnote over Evernote?
Thanks in advance!
-Lutz_ (January 24, 2014, 10:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

To start you off, see this Mini-Review authored by rgdot. It's a bit dated but since RightNote hasn’t changed much since the review it is pretty up-to-date:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=29681.0

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version