ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

RightNote Pro 50% Off Thru January 31

<< < (2/6) > >>

AbteriX:
I can recommend RightNotes too. I use it since November every day. For me it's the best I could found.

bob99:
I'm thinking of updating my version 2 license to 3.
To anyone that already has, what are your thoughts on the webpage note feature? I was going to give it a try and installed the version 3 update. It changed my license to the freeware version instead of a trial and I haven't been able to get the webpage note feature to work.
I've been using TreeProjects to save web pages and it's working but would like to compare the two.

I haven't emailed Bauer yet, thought I'd ask here 1st.

Thanks

wocius:
They sell the full license and the upgrade through Digital River, which charges sales tax.  I don't think I've seen a charge for sales tax (8.65% or so in NYC) before, other than for Microsoft and some other major vendors.  Is it customary, esp. when DR is only a sales conduit and not, I think, a vendor?

tomos:
They sell the full license and the upgrade through Digital River, which charges sales tax.  I don't think I've seen a charge for sales tax (8.65% or so in NYC) before, other than for Microsoft and some other major vendors.  Is it customary, esp. when DR is only a sales conduit and not, I think, a vendor?-wocius (January 23, 2014, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW it's common enough in the EU at any rate (and I suspect that Bauerapps might be somewhere in the EU).

rjbull:
what are your thoughts on the webpage note feature? I was going to give it a try and installed the version 3 update. It changed my license to the freeware version instead of a trial and I haven't been able to get the webpage note feature to work.-bob99 (January 23, 2014, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've been using it a bit as a stash for clips from the web.  Not quite everything works the way I'd like, I think there are still issues around scrolling the tree to the current clip, but I consider the quality of the web clips to be good.  Here is a comparison of a direct screenshot from Firefox with the same thing clipped in RightNote:

Left - Firefox:                 Right - RightNote
RightNote Pro 50% Off Thru January 31  RightNote Pro 50% Off Thru January 31

A quick check of Wikipedia gave even better results.  Be aware that the web clip feature is only available in the Pro version.  See RightNote Version Comparisons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version