ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hard Drive Brand Reliability Data

<< < (4/5) > >>

Giampy:
I've used a handful of WD drives and around half of them had problems a lot earlier than I was accustomed to.
Maybe it's a regional thing? More likely, just dumb luck.
-nosh (January 30, 2014, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yesterday my WDC WD5000AAKX-00ERMAO passed away, after only 4 months of service.

RIP

app103:
I have never had a hard drive die on me yet, but recently had issues with one and decided to replace it...and it was a Hitachi:

http://www.hddstatus.com/hdrepshowreport.php?ReportCode=7819940&ReportVerification=49B3E62B

I still have Quantum Fireballs that are running just fine.

x16wda:
I still have Quantum Fireballs that are running just fine.
-app103 (February 20, 2014, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Just send 'em on over, I can run 'em in a textile plant this summer for you.... just to burn them in, ya know....

Giampy:
Yesterday my WDC WD5000AAKX-00ERMAO passed away, after only 4 months of service.

RIP
-Giampy (February 20, 2014, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

My trusted technician has changed that hard disk for free. He has said that among 200 hard disks WDC WD5000AAKX-00ERMAO mine is the only one to get broken.
I care to say that as I don't want to put unjustly WD in a bad light.

brotman:
Has it occurred to anyone else that the failure data might be a bit skewed since the larger (e.g. 4 gb) models have been around for a shorter time than the others???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version