ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

SwiftKey goes free (but you have to pay for themes)

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
@superboyac

Really!? - my experience is the total opposite of yours and I own both Swiftkey and Swype. I found SwiftKey *much* more accurate and this compensates for the limited suggestions. SwiftKey has made KISS an art.

The trick about swyping is: Only swype relatively well known words, if you swype rarely used words or names typing is much faster.
-brahman (June 12, 2014, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
yea, i was surprised to.  By the way, i only decided this today!  it sounds like swiftkey is much more accurate for only common words.  for less common words, it's not.  now, apparently, i don't like trying to figure out whether a word is common or not so i type vs. swype.  that's too much thinking per sentence for me.  that's why i'm leaning towards swype where i can do the same thing for each word.

swype isn't perfect either.

cyberdiva:
I might just add that I don't swype, I just put in the words as I would with a computer keyboard.  One great thing about SwiftKey, however, is that often it guesses what I want to say so well that I can write whole sentences without having to type any letters at all, I just keep accepting its suggestions. 

When I first started using SwiftKey, I had to switch to its second or third keyboard to access symbols such as ~ < and >, but now even these have been added to the main keyboard.  Just about everything I need is on that main keyboard.  I love it.

superboyac:
ok...
i don't actually like the press-and-hold feel of swype.  damn.  no perfect keyboard.

brahman:
damn.  no perfect keyboard.
-superboyac (June 12, 2014, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah I know, I bought a lot of them and always came back to SwiftKey in the end. :)

Also you need to remember that at first any self learning keyboard that you have been working with for a while will always have an advantage in accuracy, because it already had a chance to learn your writing style.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version