ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The nightmare of the programmer languages

<< < (5/14) > >>

Contro:
http://dbaseclassic.com/
http://www.dbase.com/anniversary-pricing-for-dbase-classic/

i remember to pay for this 150000 pesetas
when you receive paper tutorials i conserv.
 :P

Contro:
What I don't understand is dBASE classic is able to run on windows 7 64 bits or need necessarily dbDOS ?

Because seems an offer independent at the present moment able to run in these modern oS.

But why they offer dbDOS.
I think i'll need dbDOS to virtualize dBASE 5.0 for DOS (the version I have in diskettes). The program is really portable and i have tried all these years under virtualization. VB is not prepared now to run windows 98 se. But when was possible i think i have a relative vm for that purpose. i tried too an irregular installation under VMware. .......

:-\

skwire:
AFAIK, AutoIt was created from the AHK codebase, because some people found the AHK 'language' was too unreadable in their opinion...-Ath (January 20, 2014, 04:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, it was the other way around; AHK was created from AutoIt.

Contro:
Ejem.

I think is possible to run in windows xp :

dBASE CLASSIC™ Requirements
dBASE CLASSIC™ will not run on Windows® Vista or above without an MS-DOS emulation program like dbDOS™. dBASE CLASSIC can run on Windows 95 – Windows XP, but for the product to run on the latest hardware and software from Microsoft, the user will need a product like dbDOS™.
dBASE CLASSIC™ Features
For a full list of features as reported when the dBASE V for DOS product was released in 1994 from BORLAND, please review the following page: FEATURES
Will there be updates dBASE CLASSIC™?
dBASE CLASSIC™ is feature complete, there will be no updates or bug fixes to the underlying dBASE V for DOS product.
What are the dBASE CLASSIC™ Support Options?
dBase, only offers installation support on the product. The dBASE V for DOS product is made available to help users who need a full copy of the product to continue to work with the product. NO DEVELOPER or INCIDENT support will be offered on the product.

My original version in diskettes don't run in windows xp pro. so may be an opportunity.
Why adquire dbDOS if i can run the program under xp that is easily virtualize with VirtualBox ?

As I told before I have an irregular installation (trial or so.....) under VMware running under Windows 98SE. But I really don't use it.

But at the present moment i have a lot of xp virtual machines running.

:huh:

Contro:
AFAIK, AutoIt was created from the AHK codebase, because some people found the AHK 'language' was too unreadable in their opinion...-Ath (January 20, 2014, 04:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, it was the other way around; AHK was created from AutoIt.
-skwire (January 21, 2014, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

An interesting point to discuss when we are plenty of time.
I don't worry because Skwire programm in AHK, and Miguel in AI
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version