ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The nightmare of the programmer languages

<< < (10/14) > >>

Contro:
 ;D

Incompatibillity in line 10 in the source of menu.prg

modi comm i think was the way to edit a prg

modi comm menu.prg from the prompt .......

:-*

Contro:
Yes I remember dBase III Plus, Rick Spence Clipper and many other books along with Mastering VB 6.

I saw the Spanish program screen shot, it is using, most probably Expand or Grep Library type of codes for the drop-box etc.

dbDOS is, most likely, like DosBox which allows to run 16 bit DOS programs in 64 bit Windows OS. I use DosBox to check some of the old applications we made for our clients who wants them in Windows version.

Like I said, no matter what, you can not take a DOS code and make in Windows one. The GUI is huge difference as per the code goes. XBase++, which we use, will compile and make it run in hybrid mode in Windows 64 bit, but is very very costly.

You can wait for dBase.com if they come up with some easy solution.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (January 21, 2014, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Anand. Of course i can try anyway in dosbox.
But i need how to execute the disks from the vetusware site i have downloaded.

:-[

Contro:
 ;D

Set device to screen don't works in dbase plus anymore.....
And the program is not entirely mine of course.
I mention stephen kurasch  at the beginning of the script because was a menu example in one of my books. Why invent if someone does better than you ?.
But i was very proud of the method for controlling the holes or spaces in my old shop, and the tiny labels in my Epson LQ 1050, dot prints, 132 columns carriage.
 :P

Contro:
Perhaps the main problem I suspect is the printing capabilities because I remember that dBASE brings its own drivers or so, not the way now happen.
But if in any way may be possible for me obtain a pdf is enough.
Is what i am doing when work in the virtual machines.
 :-[

Contro:
 ;D

I have a problem.
In my old pc i have a 3½ disk drive, but don't have the virtual machines.
So.
I have to remember how can I mount virtually like a virtual CD/DVD those high density disks 3½
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version