ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NSA restraints? Yes we can! (not)

<< < (4/7) > >>

wraith808:
Perhaps so. But I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees. Because my generation wasn't taught to just give up and bend over on cue.
-Stoic Joker (January 23, 2014, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

This. :Thmbsup:
-40hz (January 23, 2014, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Double this  :Thmbsup:

IainB:
Perhaps so. But I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees. Because my generation wasn't taught to just give up and bend over on cue.
-Stoic Joker (January 23, 2014, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
That sounds great!    :Thmbsup:
I mean it - it really does - and it echoes my own sentiments exactly, but it does not seem to indicate how  - given that what I wrote was probably generally correct (not disputed anyway) - you might achieve some useful result with large amounts of:
...belated shouting, invective, screaming or throwing of tantrums at the enormous reinforced concrete walls of the Establishment...
-IainB (January 22, 2014, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
For example of invective, refer what @Renegade said above.

Nor does "I'd rather die on my feet..." make much sense in that no-one has suggested you are going to have to die. What I suggested was leading a possibly more useful and focussed life, rather than expend one's energies and cognitive surplus (life) impotently railing against the machine.

Stoic Joker:
Inurement by gilded cage ... Are the bars really that noticeable if we like it here. It's almost as easy as boiling a frog. It's such a small request...

When you're getting screwed, take the time to protest it then. Don't just let it go.

40hz:
Nor does "I'd rather die on my feet..." make much sense in that no-one has suggested you are going to have to die.
-IainB (January 23, 2014, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Considering how it's become fairly easy to get one's self killed for not showing sufficient deference to a police officer (in the USA) these days, it's not all that far fetched however. Just sayin'. 8)

IainB:
..When you're getting screwed, take the time to protest it then. Don't just let it go.
-Stoic Joker (January 24, 2014, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Absolutely. It should have been protested several years ago when these things (the bars) were being put in place around us, under our noses, but everybody was too distracted by the fearful necessity to fight "the war against terror" (who conjured up that phrase, I wonder?), or something else equally distracting/fearful.
Just because someone has now drawn our collective attention to the awful fact that we have already been screwed and that we are already in a cage of our own government's making and have been for some time, it would seem to be somewhat belated to make a protest - one which would be guaranteed to be ineffective/impotent at such a late stage. It is a fait accompli. Game over, sleepyheads.
Get on with life and make the most of it before @40hz's postulated policemen accidentally kill you for loitering with intent, or thinking too hard, or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version