ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NSA restraints? Yes we can! (not)

(1/7) > >>

40hz:
SUMMARY: When all was said and done...very little was said, and virtually nothing was done.

From OS News:

Obama's changes to government surveillance
posted by Thom Holwerda   on Fri 17th Jan 2014 23:38 UTC

President Obama announced on Friday that he will place new limits on intelligence agencies' bulk collection of phone call records. But he rejected some other recommendations to rein in surveillance made by a panel of outside advisers.

The NYT lists the changes. It's insubstantial.

--- End quote ---

Oh well...we can always get this mess straightened out after the "next election" right?

Yeah right! No worries. :-\

Tuxman:
I really wonder how this is related to "OS".

Also, US-American elections are a bad joke. Republicans, "Democrats" or...? I wish the Liberal Party had more influence, but no one votes for them. Why not? Stupidity.

wraith808:
Why not?  Electoral College.

On point, however, that was a very good concise summary.  Thanks for posting it.

40hz:
Hmm... I really wonder how this is related to "OS".
 -Tuxman (January 19, 2014, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Considering the NSA has back-doored Windows - and Microsoft fully cooperates with the US intelligence community when asked - anything involving the NSA is OS related.

BTW... which "Liberal Party" are we speaking about not listening to? There are at least twenty would-be US political parties currently calling themselves that.

Tuxman:
Considering the NSA has back-doored Windows-40hz (January 19, 2014, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

... and, according to Edward Snowden, every other major operating system, yes.

which "Liberal Party" are we speaking about not listening to? -40hz (January 19, 2014, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any!

(Is there a Pirate Party USA?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version