ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Make your treadmill an entertainment center for almost nothing

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Just wanted to report on a recent cheap solution to making my treadmill more entertaining.

I bought the cheapest android tablet I could find that had hdmi output, a used Hisense Sero 7 Lt), on ebay, for $40 including shipping, and a super cheap small flat screen tv.

The tablet sits on the treadmill book stand and the tv mounts to the wall behind the treadmill (under $100 used).

I can watch youtube, read the news, read comics, even browse the web.

Note1: This tablet gets bad reviews but has been working flawlessly for me and the price cannot be beat; if you have more advanced needs you might want to get a better tablet.

Note2: You will also need a mini or micro hdmi cable, and you may want to pick up a (usb) extension cord for the tablet power supply.

Note3: If your treadmill is loud, you may need to pay special attention to getting a tv with good volume (or use a soundbar).

40hz:
Thats a great idea. Especially if you're a habitué of one of those long running TV or cable series. Great way to exercise, watch your favorite show episodes guilt-free, and time your treadmill routine. (I use a Nook I was given plus a Netflix streaming subscription myself.)

Looks like a win-win to me! :Thmbsup:

rjbull:
Or go to a gym that has TVs in front of its treadmills anyway?  And the possibility of interacting with real people in between bouts?

mouser:
who are these "real people" you speak of?

rjbull:
who are these "real people" you speak of?
-mouser (January 13, 2014, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
"Actual people," then - the ones you meet in meatspace instead of virtuality or TVspace  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version