ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Focus-Unfocus and let me link

<< < (5/6) > >>

Contro:
@MilesAhead: Thanks for the link re AHK AlwaysOnTop discussion.
I think I might have read that ages ago, and come to the conclusion that what I wanted to do wouldn't be simple, so dropped it into the "Later" basket.
-IainB (January 13, 2014, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

But is an additional help. I am using from now. Even I would like a different beep when activate. Not only the deactivation beep.
In seven the new icon remain always in the task bar until the program represented is closed.
So you can have several icons in the task bar representing the window on top at the same time.

MilesAhead:
So you can have several icons in the task bar representing the window on top at the same time.
--- End quote ---

Right.  The thing with that board is it's not obvious when the posts are posted.  From reading I got the impression they were still working on a fix. But since the last post was by someone last active back in June I guess not.  I wish they would just put the date of the post in bold and make it easy on me. :)

Edit: the trouble with adding custom buttons to the titlebar is there is nearly always some side-effect that makes something unstable.  Plus Windows has weird ideas of what "on top" means.  Some jazz to do with the group the window is in or the process that owns it or some non-obvious complication that makes what should be simple, not so...   :)

IainB:
Just out of interest, and for information, the proggy from ZD-Net that I was thinking of (see above in thread) was DeskPins. I had uninstalled it a while back and put it in the "Obsolete" archive, as it did not seem to run on dual CPUs under XP.
EDIT 2014-01-15 0539hrs: Here's the program and Help etc. (freely distributable per licence) -  DeskPins v1.30.zip

Here's a screenshot:

From the Readme.txt file:
                           DeskPins v1.30
                            --------------
            Freeware, Copyright © 2002-2004 by Elias Fotinis
                        Released on 2004.05.03

Email: [email protected]

Description
-----------
DeskPins can be used to make any application topmost, that is, to keep it
above all other windows. Just grab a pin from the DeskPins icon in the system
notification area (a.k.a. taskbar tray) and click on any window. This
functionality is identical to the "Always on Top" setting found in some
programs. With DeskPins you can add this feature to any program!

Features
--------
* Unlimited number of pins available.
* Intelligent handling of various application types.
* Powerful wildcard-based automatic pin support.
* Global hotkeys.
* Negligible system resources usage.

System Requirements
-------------------
DeskPins is not a demanding program and will run on practically any system
with Windows installed.

* Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003.
* 386/10MHz class CPU or higher
* 4 MB RAM
* less than 200 KB of free disk space
* 4 bpp (16 colors) minimum - 8 bpp (256 colors) or more recommended

Installation
------------
Launch the setup EXE. The installer will guide you through the installation
process.

Uninstall
---------
To uninstall DeskPins, select the Uninstall item in the DeskPins program group
in the Start menu, or use the DeskPins entry in the Add/Remove Programs applet
of the Control Panel.

The uninstaller will remove the program folder and the following Registry
keys:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elias Fotinis\DeskPins
  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elias Fotinis\DeskPins

--- End quote ---

Contro:
--- End quote ---

Right.  The thing with that board is it's not obvious when the posts are posted.  From reading I got the impression they were still working on a fix. But since the last post was by someone last active back in June I guess not.  I wish they would just put the date of the post in bold and make it easy on me. :)

Edit: the trouble with adding custom buttons to the titlebar is there is nearly always some side-effect that makes something unstable.  Plus Windows has weird ideas of what "on top" means.  Some jazz to do with the group the window is in or the process that owns it or some non-obvious complication that makes what should be simple, not so...   :)
-MilesAhead (January 14, 2014, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

So. Nothing to do ?
 :-[

MilesAhead:
So. Nothing to do ?
--- End quote ---

Taskbar is notorious for not responding to changes is displayed programs.  That's probably why it was never fixed.  Another reason why I don't like to alter windows and just put the Tooltip when I did my stay on top.  All the features are nice until Explorer crashes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version