ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Slow

<< < (3/7) > >>

mouser:
If it's true that a large New section slows down everything, then i can try to add something that automatically detects it and tries to encourage user to enable auto-filing.

dcwul62, can you check the size of your New group as well and see if you have disabled auto-filing?

dcwul62:

dcwul62, can you check the size of your New group as well and see if you have disabled auto-filing?
-mouser (January 11, 2014, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry . . ., but how?

=
later:  you mean THIS ??

=
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/812/ot8i.png

=

==> p.s. Pls allow .wmv and mp4 to be uploaded.
mpg/mov/avi is allowed, but my current screenrecorders either support .wmv (Faststone) or .mp4 (SnagIt), or .swf (Jing)
likely there are other screenrecorders that support mpg/mov/avi, but I donot want to install additional software for just a one-off thing.

tomos:
New group can be seen by opening the main window (you may need to open the 'Tree' panel).
By default 'New' gets moved to 'Old' after X hours.

later:  you mean THIS ??
-dcwul62 (January 12, 2014, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

if you activate the first option there under 'Automatic Filing' -- setting the number of hours (I have mine at 72).

I'm not sure does this affect what shows in the quick paste menu (?)

dcwul62:

I just tried, did not want to cut back to 72 hours or so, but took 7 days (168 hours).
Clicked on [Now][Accept]
Waited, exited CHS, launched it.
CHS did compact database (or something)
Waited, exited CHS again, re-launched it.

Norton reported high CPU usage
=

=

Waited,exited again, relaunched again (3rd time)

Did a clip (ctrl-c) on some text, CPU usage went up to around 30% for 7-8 seconds and down to normal
Saved 1-2 seconds I guess.

====
oh, btw, you wrote
"when you modify your post, there's a list of attached files under the edit box - untick "

eh ... where to 'untick'?
=
Slow
=

mouser:
On the "Backup/Maintenance" tab, tick all of those checkboxes under Automatic Filing, then click the Now buttons in that "Automatic Filing" group to the far right of them, in order starting at the top.

Take a screenshot afterwards if you would so we can see.

Then go to the main window and click on the "New" group, and make a guestimate about how many items are in that New group (dozens, 100s? 1000s?).

Then restart CHS and see if the problem is fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version