ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Slow

<< < (2/7) > >>

tomos:
Assume it is not the database getting too big?
-dcwul62 (January 11, 2014, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never delete anything :-[
Maybe I should test with an alternative/portable install.

tomos:
I can confirm the problem when copying multiple items - with 01 through to 09, it only got half of them.

tomos:
Assume it is not the database getting too big?
-dcwul62 (January 11, 2014, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
I never delete anything :-[
Maybe I should test with an alternative/portable install.
-tomos (January 11, 2014, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK my problem CHS is an install version.
-
I setup a portable version - it works flawlessy, much more responsively too.

How big is your database dcwul62?
One here is years old - I guess I could delete it or archive it and start again...
ClipTable.dat is 45mb (not sure if that's the main file mouser?)

mouser:
It should be super fast and you shouldn't be able to copy fast enough (at least not manually) to make it miss stuff.

It's good that a clean install is super fast for you, now the question is whether there is something unusual about your database or just it's size...

Cliptable.* are the main database files.

If you bring up the main window can you check how big your Clipboard -> New group is? maybe try moving items from the New section elsewhere.

Also see if maybe it has to do with your current view? Do you have a filter enabled (top row), or are you in a virtual group?

tomos:
If you bring up the main window can you check how big your Clipboard -> New group is? maybe try moving items from the New section elsewhere.
-mouser (January 11, 2014, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

oddly enough the 'New' section is huge, the 'Old' one very small.
What dictates that? Okay, I seem to have disabled 'Automatic Filing' on the 'Backup/Maintenance' tab.
- I reactivated that and this seems to have sorted out the problem here - will report back if there's any related troubles.
(thanks jesse :up:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version