ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Slow

<< < (4/7) > >>

dcwul62:
Exited existing CHS (portable)

Extracted/launched latest (nov.) version (portable)
Everything fine, captures all within a second.
Also, nothing 'skipped' when fast capturing one immediately after the other.

Bottomline, I guess, database got too big.
Donot want to loose old clips. Exporting database .csv is no option (sorry)
Exporting clipcontents separate .txt files, I think it still seems to be in the pipeline.

see earlier posts:
- Database size
- Export to single .txt files (adding date-time)

oh, btw:
new 593 clips
old 10570 clips
=

tomos:
^ I'm unclear - are you saying it's sorted now? [edit] which options did you tick? [/edit]

In my case I *just* moved clips to 'Old' - I didnt move 'Old' clips to bin after X hours, nor empty-bin-after X
(btw, cant check right now how many clips I have.)

--------------------------
oh, btw, you wrote
"when you modify your post, there's a list of attached files under the edit box - untick "

eh ... where to 'untick'?
-dcwul62 (January 12, 2014, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah okay,
my explanation was for how to remove an image from a post which has already been posted. I then get this:

Slow

I think before posting, you cant remove the image, which is limiting...

dcwul62:
@tomos
Just for good order's sake: no, I think it is not sorted out.
The thing is, I only launched a completely 'fresh' just unzipped portable CHS and used that to create some clips.
(the CHS I normally used was not running)
With this 'fresh' new version, everything is running fine.
But then again, what about my old database ..

Anyway, likely it has something to do with the database  (?)

=
As for attaching files. Thanks for the screenshot. Seems only possible when modifying a  post that was already sent(?)

I did not test it, but what would happen if:
- I create a post
- attached a few files
- then decide nót to use them
a. how then to remove them?
b. if I doNOT use the 'link inline image' drop down, at the top, but send the post anyway (see attachment)
can these attachments be opened?
again: I  did *not* test it/give it a try  :-)

=
Slow
=

tomos:
Yes, it is a problem, i.e. you can only delete after posting - otherwise it's start again in a fresh page :-(
I was thinking of starting a thread asking for a couple of minor improvments in forum software - I know there was talk about changing the whole thing, so not sure if there's incentive to improve current forum soft.

Back to CHS - I did not understand your previous post. Thanks for clarifying: "not sorted" - more :-(

I have 30,000 items in Old'.
I have about 150 items in 'New'.
As it is now working well here, it seems clear that the problem (again here) was with too many items in the 'New' section.

You have almost 600 items in 'New'.

* First question is: *why* do you want to keep them in new/ not move them to old? (Related question for mouser below.)
* Second question is why not try it with less than 200 in 'New' and see if it works?
Query for mouser: is there an advantage to keeping an item longer in the 'New' folder?

mouser:
There is no advantage to keeping them in the New section, but really 600 items in New should not be slowing it down.

Truthfully neither should 6000.

But if we accept that the slowdown in your cases is being caused by so many clips in the New group, what we need to next determine is WHY.

There are a few possibilities.

* The first is that simply having so many clips in the database is causing the database to update slowly.
* The second is that CHS is doing some operation each time a new clip is added to the NEW group, like filtering, or invisibly updating some display that is involving sorting or searching, and that this action is being performed each time a new clip is added.  This would be a bug that we might reveal by changing the view on the main window in different ways and trying to see if the bug remains in all cases.
* The third possibility is that an antivirus program of some sort is being an ass, and is holding up the program while it scans the clip database file as it increases in size or content.
Determining which of these causes is the key.  Any insight you can find would be appreciated.  What I can do is create a test function to create tons of clips in the New group automatically and see what i can see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version