ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[concept feedback] Workload management software

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
Yes, I'm using Trello right now... great app!  Yet another mini-review I need to do...  ;D

dr_andus:
This description of productivity issues and solutions might be relevant here:

The Long and Winding Road to WorkFlowy

mouser:
But I think that brings me to the point- I don't think that *anyone's* process is exactly the same,
--- End quote ---

i think this is true -- but that's why i think the idea of writing software to capture one particular style of working (as opposed to trying to make one organizational tool for everyone) is appealing.  The more idiosyncratic the method it captures, the more interesting it is as a software program and experiment.

wraith808:
^ Right!  That's the point that I was making, i.e. "the idea of writing software to capture one particular style of working (as opposed to trying to make one organizational tool for everyone)".  It seems that Justice is going for the latter part- at least it seems so with the OP and soliciting feedback on whether his list is a good list.

justice:
Whilst it's one thing to write software to capture a particular style of working, there is no point if is this software is already available (Trello, which I was already using lol).

This all dances around the discussion of opinionated software (eg Apple stuff), which tries to work very well for a specific use case versus 'unopinionated' software, which supports any workflow even if it's ineffective or damaging to the software (eg Linux distributions).

My software tends to be opinionated and therefore appeals to a smaller group but this workflow management software would have to be so opinionated only I could use it therfore defeating the purpose of having a community discussion around it ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version