ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Multiple Monitor Problem

(1/3) > >>

jwithers:
Hi,

I may just not know how to use the "capture region" tool properly, or this could be a bug/problem. I have three monitors on my system. When I select "grab selected region" i'm only able to select areas on the 3rd monitor. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?

mouser:
Welcome to the site, jwithers.

That is odd.  Grab selected region should work across all monitors.

Can you tell me a little about what actually happens?  Do you get the cross hairs and magnification window that follows you across all monitors? Or does it not even follow you across the other monitors?

Tell me a little bit more about what happens.

jwithers:
It's hard to explain, and I cant figure out how to take a screen capture of what my screens look like while trying to take a screen capture, so I took a picture of my monitors before grabbing a region and during the grab region selection.

IMG_20140108_134418_413.jpg is before
IMG_20140108_134451_441.jpg is after

For some reason the image from my third monitor (the TV up top) shifts down to the lower 2 screens and I can only select regions inside this area.

Edit - Image 413 didn't attach 1st time.

mouser:
Ok, so i think i have an inkling of the issue -- so it's related to how your monitors are laid out, it must be confusing SC.

I think we can call this a bug, and i think i can fix it.

Can you test something for me -- can you try Grab Entire Workspace (Ctrl+Prtsc) and see what the resulting image looks like (maybe post it as an attachment).  I'm interested in seeing if it gets the layout of all monitors correct. Because of your layout, there should be some big white areas in the resulting rectangular image...

jwithers:
Here you go.

Looks better than a regular windows-style screen shot, if you ask me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version