ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cobian Backup

<< < (4/6) > >>

apankrat:
Do you know alternatives ?
-Contro (January 07, 2014, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

But why are you switching?
Does the current version of Cobian have any issues that prevent you from keep using it?

Contro:
Do you know alternatives ?
-Contro (January 07, 2014, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does the current version of Cobian have any issues that prevent you from keep using it?
-apankrat (January 08, 2014, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. I have problems. I comment at the beginning of the post.

Contro:
I'll put in another plug for SyncBack which has a free version and two paid versions (SE and Pro).  You'll need to determine if the features will meet your needs.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html

The paid versions are moderately priced and a license for non-commercial use permits installation on up to 5 machines.
-mwb1100 (January 08, 2014, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am using the free version.
I have nowadays three levels of security copies
1. Cobian Backup
2. syncback free
3. Acronis

1. the first one is failing me. I use daily for obtain security copies in my two pc's.
Cobian copies files to the security copy disk T:
I obtain several copies of the same environment in a day with Cobian backup.
If something fails or an index is corrupt i don't wanna risk if only one security copy is affected too.

2. The second solution is used manually or automated by night to synchronized my two pc's certain folders.

3. Acronis needs no comment. I usually use to obtain a mirror copy of the system. But in this forum "everybody" knows that I always try to save the system by ordinary ways. I haven't restored a single image in all those years. Even suffering virus attacks. I have my acronis security copies unused while survive .....

:-*

apankrat:
Does the current version of Cobian have any issues that prevent you from keep using it?-apankrat (January 08, 2014, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes. I have problems. I comment at the beginning of the post. -Contro (January 08, 2014, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right, sorry. It's just that you said "splendid" and then you asked for alternatives :)

Contro:
 ;D
Be happy, don't worry

What do you think about .... ?

http://www.kls-soft.com/main/index.php

:-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version