ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Dreams thread...

<< < (4/5) > >>

tomos:
^ Dont know if it's true, but I've heard flying dreams are related to times of big change in life, or very stressful times - like growing up. Around ten years of age would fit that I guess?
I used have them quite a bit in my teens and early twenties. Like you say Miles - like being underwater, but in the air.
I always really enjoyed them though :)

app103:
All of my flying dreams were nightmares of being chased and then escaping by unintentionally flying away, out of control, followed by falling, with me waking up at the moment of impact. This often alternated with the driving dreams that were quite similar, with an out of control car traveling at high speed and no brakes, that was difficult to steer and ended up going off the side of a bridge into water, with me trapped inside and unable to get out.

Dont know if it's true, but I've heard flying dreams are related to times of big change in life, or very stressful times - like growing up. Around ten years of age would fit that I guess?
-tomos (March 23, 2015, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, very stressful times when I felt like I was not in control of my life or direction it was headed. And yes, 10 would be about the age where they came more frequently (coinciding with a traumatic event), but I can remember having the flying ones as young as 5, shortly after starting kindergarten and being exposed to one of the meanest, cruelest teachers I have ever had in my life. To this day, I am still paranoid about fire and being trapped in a burning building, because of something horrible she said to me (which led to reoccurring nightmares of a different sort). She enjoyed scaring the crap out of kids and making them cry. I am pretty sure I am not the only one she gave nightmares to.

MilesAhead:
All of my flying dreams were nightmares of being chased and then escaping by unintentionally flying away, out of control, followed by falling, with me waking up at the moment of impact. This often alternated with the driving dreams that were quite similar, with an out of control car traveling at high speed and no brakes, that was difficult to steer and ended up going off the side of a bridge into water, with me trapped inside and unable to get out.

-app103 (March 23, 2015, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was going to say when I read as far as the word "impact" I often had dreams driving out of control on a narrow winding road with no guard rail.  But I would wake up before careening over the edge.  That bit about trapped in the car underwater I think I only got one time.  Very scary.  Those trapped underwater ones are when I "learn to breathe water" real fast.  :)

Edvard:
I had a dream the other night, that I and the regular #donationcoder IRC denizens were trying to survive in a time that was right on the edge of falling into a 'Post-Apocalyptic' scenario ('Mid-Apocalyptic?').  All we had was a raft of canned goods and some rag-tag assemblies of various floating devices (pool toys, rubber rafts, a half-sunk plastic kayak, etc.) in which we tried to escape the chaos by floating down a river with our stuff.  I remember us yelling at each other a lot, usually to call attention to some floating thing that had a leak.   
:huh:

TaoPhoenix:

Oh yeah, I recall now a small fragment of a dream - I've been watching too much procedural TV, so I recall "noticing" when I woke up the dream was boring, something about one of the govt accountability offices, so I "ditched it" as a boring dream!

"I'll try to have a cooler dream later"
:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version