ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Dreams thread...

<< < (3/5) > >>

Edvard:
(I usually just remember snippets.)
-tomos (June 06, 2014, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's usually what I get, so the big dreams I hold onto and cherish.  ...And if I don't write them down (and soon!) then I either lose it entirely, or I may remember the main sequence, but most of the details are gone.
Latest snippet (seen on a magazine cover in a dream last night): "The fat joke all your other fat jokes don't get"  :huh:

The other half of the time I get a recurring lucid dream of a city, which I've been exploring for several years now.-40hz (June 06, 2014, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm jealous.  None of my dreams are lucid, though I've tried actively inducing lucid dreams many times. I can never seem to pull it off.  The one lucid dream I remember is of being on the grassy hill next to a church my family used to attend when I was very young, and my friends and I were throwing frisbees.  I remember thinking "If I flung the frisbee and hung on instead of letting go, I bet I could fly". I tried it, and it worked. 
:Thmbsup:
I have had at least 3, perhaps 4 dreams that all played out in a similar geographical locale.  I don't get any overarching theme to them, but strangely, everybody knows me there by name...

I'll probably use it as the basis for a story some day.
--- End quote ---
Please do!!  :tellme:

I find surreal NSFW daydreaming relaxing to help me go to sleep.-TaoPhoenix (June 06, 2014, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

That has never worked for me.  Glad it works for you, though.  All of my dreams are totally random, and my NSFW dreams are very infrequent, short, and slightly disturbing.   :'(

Deozaan:
Many years ago I had a dream that I was on a covert ops mission infiltrating the enemy base. My team and I had snuck into a relatively small utility room through a window near the roof. We had just lowered ourselves to the floor and were beginning to unpack the supplies we needed to perform the mission when an unsuspecting, innocent woman opened the door and stopped dead in her tracks when she discovered us. Both parties were equally surprised to see the other. I quickly grabbed her, keeping her silent, and pulled her into the room, closing the door behind us.

I was overcome by an awful feeling of guilt and sadness because I knew we had to kill her to keep our mission a secret. Then I woke up.

40hz:
Randall Munroe nails it. (Like always.)

TaoPhoenix:

Bumping this.

It came up in the chat room tonight and might amuse me in some coming nights.

I have had vivid dreams before too.

MilesAhead:
Randall Munroe nails it. (Like always.)
 (see attachment in previous post)
-40hz (June 08, 2014, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I used to have the flying dream often when I was a kid in the old neighborhood.  Mostly when I was around 10 I think.  Not exactly flying so much as "swimming in air."  I would perform this swimming motion like when you swim underwater.  I would slowly get a little higher as I moved along.  Seems like always though I would slow down and come back down to earth.
Later I would have similar dreams about trying to stuff a basketball.  No matter how hard I reached up or how long I hung in the air, I would slowly go lower and lower until my feet touched back down.

I guess it indicates I felt something was always holding me down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version