ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Dreams thread...

<< < (5/5)

MilesAhead:
I had a dream the other night, that I and the regular #donationcoder IRC denizens were trying to survive in a time that was right on the edge of falling into a 'Post-Apocalyptic' scenario ('Mid-Apocalyptic?').  All we had was a raft of canned goods and some rag-tag assemblies of various floating devices (pool toys, rubber rafts, a half-sunk plastic kayak, etc.) in which we tried to escape the chaos by floating down a river with our stuff.  I remember us yelling at each other a lot, usually to call attention to some floating thing that had a leak.   
:huh:
-Edvard (March 24, 2015, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can see it now.. the people on the raft.. we have water, but it's only tap water.. ok, we can get by.. we have food but it's only dog biscuits.. ok, we can get by.  Now the bad news.. No WiFi!!  Everyone jumps overboard.  :)

app103:
I had a dream the other night, that I and the regular #donationcoder IRC denizens were trying to survive in a time that was right on the edge of falling into a 'Post-Apocalyptic' scenario ('Mid-Apocalyptic?').  All we had was a raft of canned goods and some rag-tag assemblies of various floating devices (pool toys, rubber rafts, a half-sunk plastic kayak, etc.) in which we tried to escape the chaos by floating down a river with our stuff.  I remember us yelling at each other a lot, usually to call attention to some floating thing that had a leak.   
:huh:
-Edvard (March 24, 2015, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can see it now.. the people on the raft.. we have water, but it's only tap water.. ok, we can get by.. we have food but it's only dog biscuits.. ok, we can get by.  Now the bad news.. No WiFi!!  Everyone jumps overboard.  :)
-MilesAhead (March 25, 2015, 05:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Except mouser (who has been known to code with pen & paper, just for fun*). He jumps overboard when he discovers the paper is too soggy to write on.

*Ask mouser about his days at camp, with no computers, and what he and his friends did to keep themselves entertained.

MilesAhead:
Except mouser (who has been known to code with pen & paper, just for fun
-app103 (March 25, 2015, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, my first PC, the trusty Leading Edge Model D 8088 I used to write routines on scraps of paper while at the diner or wherever, away from the machine.  That was in the old days when you used a dot matrix printer to look over your source code at your leisure.  Of course every edit without a good compile you ended up printing out more hard copy.  Waste of trees.  :)

TaoPhoenix:

Got one!

The structure was a little strange - I was not quite "in control" like a full lucid one, but I could def tell portions of it unfolding.

Near as I can tell, it was like being a nobody-cast-extra in something on TV. By the lack of "dominating title characters", it felt like a TV movie.

It was something like a "soft crime" mystery taking place at something like a college where the Star Trek club got the funding for a "Day with Diana Muldaur (Dr. Pulaski from ST TNG)." Typical of those second string college activities where they can only afford one of the "B list" stars.

So we were all riding around in a car going places, and there was something about packages. Suppose Ms. Muldaur had either engineer or prop manager friends and maybe had brought custom Trekkian gifts for the club to mail home.

But because of a recent unrelated mail bomb scare, we were all talking about asking for police assistance while we mailed them to demonstrate the authenticity of the gifts.

It all went off without any "plot developments" - the tone was much more "slice of life". It gets a little fuzzy but I presume the Trek club and friends just wandered around campus and maybe the d-list local tourist attractions of a small college town and probably had lunch in there somewhere.

Fun little dream!

MilesAhead:
I know I had some weird dreams when I read The Silmarillion for the third time.  Luckily I don't remember them.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version