ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Too many programs in my start menu!

<< < (2/3) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Organize your Start Menu into folders.
-xtabber (January 04, 2014, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well that's an interesting idea! But I am rather confused.

- I am just one "user" so I don't understand how moving start menu items to different "users" either works or helps.
- Does this stuff work on WinXP?
- How do I create new folders in WinXP and then move the items to those folders? In theory that could work, with one folder housing 30 rare entries it would help.

dr_andus:
Organize your Start Menu into folders.
-xtabber (January 04, 2014, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Classic Shell is another option. It seems to be fairly straightforward to create a new folder.

Edit: sorry, this is more relevant actually for Win7 users.

x16wda:
And now you know why I have a "scary" taskbar.  :D
-app103 (January 04, 2014, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh my gosh, that IS scary! :o

Nice cat!

Josh:
I have program folders? I am so used to not even opening the "All programs" menu since Windows 7 that I have simply forgotten just how cluttered it actually is. One of the best features ever introduced by Microsoft was the built in search function that is actually even nicer in Wiindows 8/8.1.

That said, I now read that you are using XP. The best bet at this point is to use folders. I created folders like "Utilities", "System", "Multimedia", "Internet", "Office", "Games" and then moved each program folder under the appropriate category. Free, worked well, and was functional.

tomos:
Move up to 7 and start all over again? :-) :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version