ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

need freeware .vob to MP4 converter

<< < (2/6) > >>

bit:
I use, and like, VidCoder.
-skwire (January 03, 2014, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks everyone! :)
If one doesn't do the trick, another should.

VidCoder is a 'front ender' for Handbrake, and says "Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI."
But there are 4 different download choices.
I'm running Win7 32bit on an AMD machine; which download should I choose?

40hz:
I'm running Win7 32bit on an AMD machine; which download should I choose?
-bit (January 03, 2014, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

You'll want either VidCoder-1.4.25-x86.exe - or VidCoder-1.4.25-x86-Portable.exe if you want a portable install that doesn't write to your system directories or bugger with your registry. (FWIW I prefer to use "portable" software versions whenever one is available.)

FYI: most software with an x86 somewhere in the installer name will be for 32-bit systems. And x64 will be for 64-bit systems.

Since you're running 32-bit Windows, use the x86 version.

Using an AMD or Intel brand CPU doesn't make any difference per se. The only thing to remember is that a 64-bit CPU can run both 32 and 64-bit operating systems and software. A 32-bit CPU can only run a 32-bit OS and software.

You'll generally want to use the same app "bit version" your OS is at - even if a 64-bit system can run 32-bit software just as easily. :Thmbsup:

4wd:
The two picture VidCoder instructions :)

Optional:

bit:
VidCoder seems possible.

bit:
Oh, and BTW, There's a bad nor'easter dumping mountains of snow on the North East US.
So be sure and download a new Driver for your car so you won't have to deal with it yourself.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version