ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

WizNote (a PIM from China) - Mini-Review + Provisional User Forum

<< < (8/11) > >>

urlwolf:
@motion12, looks like one can install the remote part on own server now. Pretty big deal if you ask me.
I haven't done it. Looks enterprisey.

@Ian, which is your primary notetakes now, onenote or wiznote? You have been a vocal advocate of both for a while :)

Trying to make this decision myself. I don't want to have my data on a MS server, but wiznote has no info on privacy whatsoever. Lesser of two evils? One can encrypt all notes in wiznote though. But the certificate comes from their server, so they must be able to decrypt my notes. I've been getting chinese spam lately, which can only come from a wiznote leak because it's the only chinesse product I use :(

IainB:
@urlwolf:
@motion12, looks like one can install the remote part on own server now. Pretty big deal if you ask me.
I haven't done it. Looks enterprisey.
@Ian, which is your primary notetakes now, onenote or wiznote? You have been a vocal advocate of both for a while :)
Trying to make this decision myself. ...
-urlwolf (April 11, 2015, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

My response:

* I hadn't realised that about installing the remote part of WizNote on your own server. That's very interesting.

* My primary notetaker is currently OneNote. Though OneNote still feels to me a bit like it is in Beta test, one of its major advantages for me is the integration with MS Office 2013 products and IE. However, that is only on one laptop. I have been experiencing so many problems which seem to prohibit smooth installation on a second laptop, and MS Suoort is so silent on the problems (which are common to many other users), that I am wondering whether this isn't a cunning strategy by MS to force you onto Office 365 (which does not meet my requirements). The upshot is a lack of trust - I do not trust MS not to take advantage of me.
I am trying to wean myself off of the legacy InfoSelect8, and migrate to OneNote, but it will probably take a while yet. Inertia.

* WizNote is waiting in the wings there with a tad too many uncertainties/unknowns for me to make a rational decision about it. So it's wait and see.

urlwolf:
I'm going to stay with wiznote with encrypted notes. Pity because I use a wacom tablet instead of a mouse, and onenote is very good at this kind of pen notes. But everything else is weaker in onenote.

science2002:
@IainB: Thanks to pointing out this notetaker to us. Some time is passed, but it is still a great program and I continue to keep an eye on it.
           It does a lot of things. But one thing it seems it does not, at least in my experience.

Let say that you want to link a file to wiznote (as an attachment for instance, but just as a link). With other notetakers, you can set up in preferences the option, or you have a contextual menu to do that or some key-modifiers that work. Insead with Wiznote I am not still able to link (not copy) a file by 'drag'n drop' to a WN folder. I tried different key-modifiers without success.  I know that within an edit note you can  insert an hyperlink with a menu. But this implies a lot of clicks (and time) to get the job done. Does someone discovered a quick way or a speedy workaround to do it?
Thanks

superboyac:
I'm going to stay with wiznote with encrypted notes. Pity because I use a wacom tablet instead of a mouse, and onenote is very good at this kind of pen notes. But everything else is weaker in onenote.
-urlwolf (April 11, 2015, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
thought id check in here....saw this...

You think wiznote is better than onenote?  interesting!  I used wiznote pretty heavily for about a year, and then they went subscriptions model.  I then started using onenote, with some advice and tips from somebody here (i forget the username, but he is the man with onenote), and now onenote has been my go to for a while.  What does wiznote do better now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version