ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

WizNote (a PIM from China) - Mini-Review + Provisional User Forum

<< < (7/11) > >>

IainB:
...It is a bit of a slow application, that's my only complaint and probably a big reason why I'll always love things like RIghtNote that are just so fast feeling.
-superboyac (March 10, 2014, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I noticed that it only seems to be slow for me when it is syncing or fetching from the remote server (Cloud), which is presumably located in China somewhere. I wondered whether having a VPN to a node in China might not solve that problem. I might try it and see as an experiment.
The response time will be made up of all the delays in the transaction route from the client device to the Cloud server, and back. That will include all the "hops" and all/any NSA surveillance interrupts.

IainB:
Refer: OneNote now on Mac as well, +FREE everywhere, + Cloud service powered.

motiontwelve:
Thanks IainB for this great review.  After giving WizNote a test drive, I instantly fell in love.  The workflow is almost fits exactly what I have envisioned while outlining my dream information organizer.  However, one thing that is currently preventing me from making it my go-to note app is the enforced cloud sync.  Taking into consideration that I deal with confidential material and their servers are in China, I would love to have the option to work completely offline.  Just like you could with evernote v2.

IainB:
Yes, that Chinese Cloud dependency is a bit of a security worry - almost as bad as a US Cloud dependency (which you now know with certainty is being hacked by NSA or some other State function).   ...   

I too miss the Client-based Evernote v2 approach - though it was not as comprehensive as I would have liked. That is why I have provisionally plumped for OneNote - which can be Client-based and/or Cloud-based, plus it has encryption of discrete parts or all of a Notebook.

urlwolf:
Has anyone been able to get autocorrect/spelling working in English? There must be a plugin :) ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version