ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY RELEASE: [PLUGIN] Growl For Windows Forwarder: Pushover

<< < (2/2)

kamahl:
This is great Kahmal, thanks! I'm not a Growl for Windows user yet though but it made me aware of pushover which I didn't know before.

By the way, Growl for Windows seems to be stale (or even plain dead) from what I can see on the website, is this just me?

Cheers  /jerome
-jeromg (February 07, 2014, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's still active, however it's slightly hard to notice from the surface. Most of the new features (Even those from the main developer) are implemented through plugins.
The third party applications page unfortunately doesn't seem to be maintained anymore (Partially due to the sudden influx of cross-platform apps once Growl [for Mac] implemented the GNTP protocol), but honestly as long as developers keep supporting growl, the core app doesn't need to change.

EDIT:
Growl is still being developed. There have not been any updates for quite awhile, but Windows 8 is the next big item on the list. I have a dev version that can show Growl notifications using the built-in toast notifications, but I am working on trying to capture other apps’ notifications to funnel through Growl as well.
--- End quote ---
So yeah, it's still being worked on.

Jessse Green:
Awesome developer, emailed about a bug and we had it fixed within an hour or two. Thanks!! Been waiting for this hookup forever. If only growl had nicer theme options like Snarl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version