ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

text file editor personalyzable

<< < (4/5) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
running to try TaoPhoenix

-Contro (December 30, 2013, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Contro,

My TurboProcessor does not do what you need yet. I was only saying that the project was designed so that one day a developer could *make it* do that as one example of combining both text editing and special features.

However, I am not a programmer!  :(

MilesAhead:
I doubt you can program the background color line by line, but looking at vim you can do pretty much anything with the text.  It's a totally programmable scripting editor.  It may take time to adapt to the syntax, but once comfortable with it I don't think you would need all these external tools. Plus there are scripts around for it already debugged.  Not bad for freeware.

Contro:
I would like to find a text editor where I can personalyze the background colour of the lines.

By example each four lines change the colour.

Best Regards.

:-*
-Contro (December 30, 2013, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

1. Could 'greenbar paper' be a help? Free samples in PDF form are downloadable at www.printablepaper.net/ . I don't know much about PDF. Greenbar has 1/2 inch wide rows that could be used to print 4 lines at 8 lines per inch.
2. Some have achieved a similar ability by using a transparent 'watermark' and entering text over it.
3. Others have used a scanned copy of a 'form', that might use 1/2 inch shaded bars. and using this as a graphic image for use under printing.
4. You could design, depending on the editor capabilities, a table with transparent lines and a background fill color of your choice for four rows, alternating with another plain four rows, etc.
5. WordPerfect can easily employ 'watermarks' for use as mentioned above. It also has a macro available that automates the process: greenbar.zip that I have not used.
6. 'Database Pro', my copy was about circa 2002, had the ability to design forms and enter text over shaded background areas.

-sword (January 02, 2014, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

A true explosion of good imagination. I applied Excel.

Best Regards

Contro:
running to try TaoPhoenix

-Contro (December 30, 2013, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Contro,

My TurboProcessor does not do what you need yet. I was only saying that the project was designed so that one day a developer could *make it* do that as one example of combining both text editing and special features.

However, I am not a programmer!  :(

-TaoPhoenix (January 02, 2014, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oído cocina !!!!!!
good luck  :-*

Contro:
I doubt you can program the background color line by line, but looking at vim you can do pretty much anything with the text.  It's a totally programmable scripting editor.  It may take time to adapt to the syntax, but once comfortable with it I don't think you would need all these external tools. Plus there are scripts around for it already debugged.  Not bad for freeware.
-MilesAhead (January 02, 2014, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you say VIM ?

Let me take a look. I am using in combination (a day notepad++ , other day pspad. Last times I feel more confortable with Pspad. )

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version