ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

text file editor personalyzable

<< < (2/5) > >>

Contro:
mmmmm curt.
I think you are saying to background the text, no the lines......
can you do that with an empty line ?

:tellme:

TaoPhoenix:

to my limited knowledge no text editor can do that,
but any rich text editor can do it.

In SoftMaker TextMaker 2012 it is called (mark/select text) > Format > Paragraph > Shading > Background > (select colour)
-but no batch that I know of; you will have to do it manually.

-Curt (December 30, 2013, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

... Not yet.

But see my "components for NANY", it's a modular text editor that *could* do this. Because the programming for it is a snap. Any ten of you could do it. But we feel trapped that "no one HAS done it".

It's just supply and demand.

-TaoPhoenix (December 30, 2013, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please put the link.
 :-*
-Contro (December 30, 2013, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's this one Contro.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg344650#msg344650

"...The idea in action:

1. I commissioned "modules" from third tier outsource programmers on simple stuff "that didn't matter if it had an obscure bug".

2. I gave the modules to my project design lead programmer to merge into this processor shell as a feature module. He had the leeway to clean up the initial module codes etc. "

I ran out of development money but I proved the concept ... that you can build a custom text editor to do lots of stuff. Maybe at the end it signs off and exports the file for something else to final process, but all these kinds of NANY utilities this year, can certainly be all mashed into one "framework to rule them all".

Contro:
I don't see Curt.
Is possible in a text editor that the line numbering appear in differente colors ?

just a way to group four lines.

Contro:
running to try TaoPhoenix

Shades:
My suggestion would be to take a look into the Style configurator from Notepad++.

You can set the background color for different sections of text inside a text file. It doesn't seem that easy, but also not that difficult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version