ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - Engine Displacement Calculator

(1/2) > >>

Stoic Joker:

Stoic Joker's Last Minute NANY 2014 Entry Information
Application NameStoic Joker's Engine Displacement CalculatorVersion 1.0.0.0 Short Description Calculates the Size of an Engine. Supported OSes Windows XP and up Web Page You're on it. Download Link Engine Calc.exe (26.5 kB - downloaded 890 times.) System Requirements
* Windows XP or Newer OS
* .NET 2.0Version History
* Version 1.0.0.0 ReleasedAuthor Stoic Joker

Description
Stoic Joker's EDC was written to allow the user to calculate the displacement (size) of an engine using the bore diameter, stroke length and number of cylinders. It will also calculate the compression ratio if the combustion chamber and piston dome/dish measurements (use negative number for dish) are entered. Also for the compression ratio calculations the volumes - which are correctly done as a wet measurement - can be ballpark calculated using dry measurements, but this should only to be used for very rough (ballpark) estimate as it assumes a symmetry that almost never actually exists.

Features
Various engine configurations can be stored in list view (per session only) for comparison to dial in a desired target displacement/CR.

Planned Features
None currently

Screenshots

Main window

With Show CR (compression Ratio) checked

Enter Dry Guess measurements showing

Usage
Installation
No installation required - Just run it.

Using the Application
Application is designed to be self explanatory ... Assuming you understand how an internal combustion engine works.

Uninstallation
Just delete it.

Tips
Calculations are designed to give best accuracy at 0.000 decimal precision.

Known Issues
None currently?

mouser:
While certainly not something that I have use for, it looks pretty cool.

Can you give us some insight into who would use such a thing and for what purpose?

skwire:
Badass.   :Thmbsup:   I love stuff like this.

techidave:
Mouse, a auto mechanic might be interested in this.  But I would say it fit a hot rodder or engine rebuilder better.

Stoic Joker:
While certainly not something that I have use for, it looks pretty cool.-mouser (December 27, 2013, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

LOL ... Yes, I was kind of expecting a WTF? reaction. :)

Can you give us some insight into who would use such a thing and for what purpose?
-mouser (December 27, 2013, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is for performance engine builders (motorcycle[me]/car/truck/etc.) who want a quick way of calculating the impact an engine modification will have on its displacement (a.k.a. its size - i.e. how much bigger will it get if I increase X by Y).

So if I have a bike with a 103 cubic inch engine (which I do), and I want to increase the engine size to (say...) 120+ cubic inches (which I do), this will tell me how much bigger I have to make which measurement to achieve that goal.

Badass.   :Thmbsup:   I love stuff like this.-skwire (December 27, 2013, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks man!

Mouse, a auto mechanic might be interested in this.  But I would say it fit a hot rodder or engine rebuilder better.
-techidave (December 27, 2013, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bingo! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version