ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (57/82) > >>

skwire:
Dennis Leary's new series "Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll" (yes, all one string) is posted up at TheTVDB and lists the first ep on July 18.  Doing an epCheck search finds a multitude of shows about, ahem, cough cough... sex.  But not Leary's.

I'm wondering if there's a problem on TheTVDB's side or if epCheck's search is having an issue with one long string of text with three ampersands glommed in?-dallas7 (May 19, 2015, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is due to the fact that the TVDB.com website search and its API search don't return the same results (for whatever reason).  What I mean is that you can search for "Eye Candy" directly on the site and it's listed in the results.  Searching the same string using the proper API doesn't return the show.  Rather frustrating for both of us, eh?  That said, if you're inclined, you can modify the appropriate profile file in your epCheck data folder, and add the show manually as demonstrated in this post:

dallas7:
Thanks for the fast reply!  Not really all that frustrating - it's the first time I experienced a failed search and it was interesting to note some one else did, too.  I've got 72 shows in three profiles and things work just great.

I got stuck on step one in those instructions as one can't add a show if it doesn't show up in the search results for selection thus activating (un-ghosting) the "Add series" button.  I made a nice screen shot of the Search results pane showing that, but... no attachments here.  :(

But I did pick up on how you work it and added the data to the profile txt file having retrieved the ID from the theTVDB Web page.  I also created a folder named for the ID but I'm not sure if that was necessary.

I opened epCheck and the show is now under Series in the profile and it refreshed with the relevant data A-OK.  Pretty slick.

There was a "profile - copy" containing the pre-edit data; easily deleted.

Cheers!

skwire:
I got stuck on step one in those instructions as one can't add a show if it doesn't show up in the search results for selection thus activating (un-ghosting) the "Add series" button.-dallas7 (May 19, 2015, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Step one was to just add any show as a temporary placeholder to manually edit later.  At any rate, I'm glad you got it working.  In the meantime, I've added a note to my ToDo to come up with some way to add a show via its ID (for situations such as this).

dallas7:
A few months ago, I copied my Windows 7 epCheck folder to a system running in a Windows 10 x64 environment (then Tech Preview and currently RTM) and it's been running A-OK.  So, Windows 10 compatible!  :up:  Just thought I'd post that up as an FYI.  Cheers.

skwire:
Thank you for the report.  Much appreciated.  =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version