ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (56/82) > >>

skwire:
Hi, billo255, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Apologies for the late reply.

Just to add another voice to the list regarding "artifacts" I've go them as well.-billo255 (March 23, 2015, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you running XP as well?

A major issue that seems to be intermittent on my version of epCheck (and what prompted me to join this forum today) is the loss of checkmarks after doing a refresh.-billo255 (March 23, 2015, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you running the beta version, by chance?  If not, I made some improvements in the beta that, hopefully, solve the issue:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg368839#msg368839

As the post says...back up your data first if you want to try it.  However, if you do, please let me know if the issue still appears.

-Wish List -
1.  Display unwatched back episodes.-billo255 (March 23, 2015, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll add this to my ToDo but I wouldn't hold my breath for this one.

2.  Cancelled, Ended, Continuing, Summar - When a show is pulled off the air and I've watched all of the episodes I delete the series from epCheck. Rather than having to scroll through all of the series to see if the status has changed, a tab showing a list of all of the series and the status might be be a useful feature to catch shows that were reportedly being ended but then revived (i.e. Unforgettable and Perception). It might not be 100% effective but would save having to  scroll through all of the series after a refresh to see if anything has changed. (Also, maybe the series name could be color coded to identify its status?  red=ended/ending, green=continuing, orange=on the bubble?)-billo255 (March 23, 2015, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Colouring the series shouldn't be difficult but I'm not sure how I would determing an on-the-bubble show.  I can only go off the status data in the data files.

At any rate, it'll be several weeks, at least, before I can get back to coding much.  My regular day job is keeping me quite busy at the moment.   :(

Nice job on creating a useful tool for us TV'o'phile's who only want to track our favorite shows. -billo255 (March 23, 2015, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the kind words.  It's been a fun application to write and I'm glad you find it useful. 

billo255:
Hi Skwire,

Hi, billo255, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Apologies for the late reply.
Are you running XP as well?
Are you running the beta version, by chance?  If not, I made some improvements in the beta that, hopefully, solve the issue:-skwire (March 25, 2015, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for responding. I'm running Win 7 Pro. Version of epCheck is 1.5.1 (but I will upgrade to the beta release and let you know if any issues.)

-Wish List -
1.  Display unwatched back episodes.
I'll add this to my ToDo but I wouldn't hold my breath for this one.-skwire (March 25, 2015, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay.

2.  Cancelled, Ended, Continuing, Summary.

Colouring the series shouldn't be difficult but I'm not sure how I would determing an on-the-bubble show.  I can only go off the status data in the data files.-skwire (March 25, 2015, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point. I went back and looked at the XML on TVRage which I imagine are close to what TVDB is using and nope... no "on the bubble" status...  :-[

At any rate, it'll be several weeks, at least, before I can get back to coding much.  My regular day job is keeping me quite busy at the moment.   :( -skwire (March 25, 2015, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Congratulations on having a day job.   :Thmbsup:  (sincerely, and no sarcasm intended).  I'm currently in between "opportunities"...  :)

-Bill

kalvanotherwhen:
Just my 2 cents

Feature Request:
In Series Tab
Please Color code Series Titles by status,
IE Ended/Continuing, or No status result (so three colors.)
--- End quote ---

Just sounds a little different from the other request. (Some series have no status.)

kalvanotherwhen:
Stops scrolling at 53 down.
2.) When scrolling in Series tab scroll locks/stops cannot continue past Marvels Agents of Shield.
Currently I just reverse alphabetization and continue from other end of alphabet to Marvels Agents of Shield.
--- End quote ---

So EpCheck Stops scrolling at 53 down for me that is at Marvels Agents of Shield.
EpCheck Version 1.1.5.1  on XP SP3

dallas7:
1.1.5b166 Win7x64

When searching for new shows, sometimes there are numbered episode lists without titles or air dates/time2 or even no listings at all, reflecting the current data as posted on the new shows' respective TheTVDB pages.  (Humans and Supergirl are the most recent examples.)

There's no problem adding those to my epCheck profiles to await updated data refreshes as time goes on.

All else is OK.  Except...

Dennis Leary's new series "Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll" (yes, all one string) is posted up at TheTVDB and lists the first ep on July 18.  Doing an epCheck search finds a multitude of shows about, ahem, cough cough... sex.  But not Leary's.

I'm wondering if there's a problem on TheTVDB's side or if epCheck's search is having an issue with one long string of text with three ampersands glommed in?

Any thoughts?  Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version