ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (53/82) > >>

skwire:
I re-read my post and I didn't mean to imply the zero didn't work in epCheck-dallas7 (January 30, 2015, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

No worries.   :)

dallas7:
1.1.5.166 is working great.  How goes 1.1.6?  Soon?

Could make a way to select individual series or a profile from the “refresh all series data now” process?  I have a profile, Legacy, where I've placed about 20 old series (i.e. Rescue Me, Firefly) so I can jog my memory on certain episodes, seasons, whatever.  They're not necessary to refresh so eliminating that profile from refresh would be advantageous.  If not by profile, then selecting each individual series regardless of profile would work, too.

I won't bother you with yet another request for other-than-EST time zones.  Oops.  I just did, didn't I?  8)

What, BTW, is the purpose of the @ column and its ballot boxes in the episodes panel for each series under the Series tab?

Cheers!

skwire:
1.1.5.166 is working great.  How goes 1.1.6?  Soon?-dallas7 (February 11, 2015, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't added anything since 1.1.5.166 so it's the latest.

Could make a way to select individual series or a profile from the “refresh all series data now” process?  I have a profile, Legacy, where I've placed about 20 old series (i.e. Rescue Me, Firefly) so I can jog my memory on certain episodes, seasons, whatever.-dallas7 (February 11, 2015, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have no plans for such a feature.  However, the "Request every # of days" option is a sort of "smart" option in that it only updates series that have changed (based on what TheTVDB.com returns) so you might consider using that.

I won't bother you with yet another request for other-than-EST time zones.  Oops.  I just did, didn't I?  8)-dallas7 (February 11, 2015, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Timezones + Programming = Kill me now.  Take ten minutes and watch this.

What, BTW, is the purpose of the @ column and its ballot boxes in the episodes panel for each series under the Series tab?-dallas7 (February 11, 2015, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Those check boxes are there so you can keep track of which episodes you've watched (if you so desire).  I think the @ symbol looks somewhat like an eye and thought it appropriate for that column.

dallas7:
Thanks for the feedback.

I have "Request every # of days"  set to zero (disabled) and use the “Refresh all series data now” button every couple of weeks or so.  Do I understand correctly that though the status bar shows it's checking those long ago ended shows in my "Legacy" profile, their data is not being downloaded again and again?  Related to that, a continuing series, say for example one with six previous seasons, downloads only the when-made-available data for the seventh season?

Very interesting presentation on time zones.  As some one who supported globally networked servers and workstations, I'm familiar with some of those issues but I never ran into anything having to deal with the 16th Century or Great Britain's WWII era 2-hour silliness.  I get the point, but the fellow does go a bit overboard.

Wouldn't epCheck need to handle just the USA zones and the Arizona no-DST odd-ball?  Just curious; no pressure.

With apologies to Delmore Schwartz... Time is the fire in which we get burnt.

Cheers!  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
I have "Request every # of days"  set to zero (disabled) and use the “Refresh all series data now” button every couple of weeks or so.  Do I understand correctly that though the status bar shows it's checking those long ago ended shows in my "Legacy" profile, their data is not being downloaded again and again?  Related to that, a continuing series, say for example one with six previous seasons, downloads only the when-made-available data for the seventh season?-dallas7 (February 12, 2015, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The "Refresh all" button refreshes everything regardless.  The "Refresh every # days" asks the server which series have been updated within a given time frame.

Wouldn't epCheck need to handle just the USA zones and the Arizona no-DST odd-ball?  Just curious; no pressure.-dallas7 (February 12, 2015, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, as there are epCheck users outside the U.S. and plenty of shows are non-U.S. shows as well.  It's on my ToDo but don't hold your breath (because I'm certainly not  :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version