ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (50/82) > >>

skwire:
So I came over here and found 1.1.5.163 and that seems to unzip all the data but epCheck does enter into (Not Responding) a half a dozen times or so.-dallas7 (January 13, 2015, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is two-fold:

* I use the 7-zip application to handle the unzipping so while it's actually unzipping a file, epCheck can't do anything but wait.  However, most of the zips are pretty small so the waits here shouldn't affect things much.
* The bigger issue at hand is that the TVDB.com site has been really slow lately.  Most of the Not Responding is epCheck simply waiting for the zip downloads to finish.
It's rather frustrating as there isn't a whole lot that I can do about it.  Sadly, the best advice I can give is to simply leave epCheck alone while it's doing the updates.

wraith808:
So I came over here and found 1.1.5.163 and that seems to unzip all the data but epCheck does enter into (Not Responding) a half a dozen times or so.-dallas7 (January 13, 2015, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is two-fold:

* I use the 7-zip application to handle the unzipping so while it's actually unzipping a file, epCheck can't do anything but wait.  However, most of the zips are pretty small so the waits here shouldn't affect things much.
* The bigger issue at hand is that the TVDB.com site has been really slow lately.  Most of the Not Responding is epCheck simply waiting for the zip downloads to finish.
It's rather frustrating as there isn't a whole lot that I can do about it.  Sadly, the best advice I can give is to simply leave epCheck alone while it's doing the updates.
-skwire (January 13, 2015, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is it possible to call 7-zip on a worker thread so the UI at least won't lock up?  Not sure what your limitations are, but I figured I'd at least suggest it.

skwire:
Not really.  AutoHotkey is single-threaded.   >:(

ziffel66:
Monthly view is awesome. Thanks for adding this! :up:

wraith808:
Not really.  AutoHotkey is single-threaded.   >:(
-skwire (January 13, 2015, 09:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I figured as much... but figured it was worth at least asking.  It might be worth it to have a wrapper in a more robust language for tasks like this that would offload the actual long running task to a background thread...  would that be helpful?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version