ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (49/82) > >>

skwire:
So I opened up epCheck to do the manual steps and it was refreshing the series data it came up with error:
There was a problem unzipping the series data. You might have to run epCheck as an administrator.
I am running as an administrator, so is this a serious issue?-wallman2001 (December 13, 2014, 09:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah...happens sometimes.  Does restarting epCheck help?

J-Mac:
There was a problem unzipping the series data. You might have to run epCheck as an administrator.

I am running as an administrator, so is this a serious issue?

--- End quote ---

Same issue here. First I get an error message saying the program cannot run and to try running as administrator. Then it says it cannot open the zipped archive, and the same "run as administrator" comment again.

I am running it as administrator in the first place. Epcheck does eventually open however it takes a very long time opening each series, and the program becomes unresponsive a lot of the time. This was all since I installed the latest beta version. I finally uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version. (Properties dialog says the File Version is 1.1.4.1 and the Program Version is 1.1.13.0).

Thanks!

Jim

wallman2001:
I restarted and it loaded fine, but I did go to each of the shows that wouldn't unzip and refresh them so that the data was loaded...When I did the refresh on all shows a couple of times, the error came up for different shows as well..

On another note, I followed your manual steps and it worked perfectly...thanks.

Also a new question...I have 3 different shows that aren't showing a banner picture even though they do have banners on thetvdb.com...is there a reason they aren't showing?
-Quick update on this, I deleted the folders and uploaded images to thetvdb.com and when I refreshed the tv data for the shows, my image did show up, but the others didn't, so I am not sure what is happening there.

skwire:
I've uploaded a new beta that, hopefully, fixes the "There was a problem unzipping the series data. You might have to run epCheck as an administrator." error.  It was due to incomplete/corrupt zip downloads from TVDB.com.  epCheck now checks for that and should handle it appropriately.  If you test it out, please let me know if you see the error again.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/epcheck/epCheck_.zip

dallas7:
Howdy. 1.1.5.1 spent a considerable amount of time (Not Responding) and then presented the "problem unzipping" message.  And I had to close it with Task Manager.  So I came over here and found 1.1.5.163 and that seems to unzip all the data but epCheck does enter into (Not Responding) a half a dozen times or so.  Actually, then, not so sure all the data gets unzipped...

The calendar is a big  :Thmbsup:

Anyhow, I created an account here so I don't have to bother you with emails as I did when we worked on ClipTrap's timed clearing over at my gmail account.  :)  I'll turn on the "notify me" to this thread.  I'll keep an eye out for any more betas or if you need more info. -Dallas E.

Cheers.

UPDATE:
Responding to an epiphany, after moving out my Data folder, I created an empty Data folder and dropped in only the MyShows.txt file.

After several “Refresh all series data now” and restarts, all seems to have settled down and the data for all series appears complete.

I did disable Banners, but I’ve been wanting to do that for a while.  All 35 folders were re-built with the three xml files in each.  As well as TVDB_Languages.xml and watched.ini.

I’m going to use epCheck again next week and see what pans out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version