ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (48/82) > >>

skwire:
Hi, wallman2001, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

Hi...I have just started using your software and it is a great tool.  Just having one issue that I am not sure about.  I am searching for a show, i.e. Eye Candy  and it is on the TVdb site (http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=278448&lid=7) but it doesn't show it under the search, no matter what I try to search under.-wallman2001 (December 10, 2014, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is due to the fact that the TVDB.com website search and its API search don't return the same results (for whatever reason  :-\).  What I mean is that you can search for "Eye Candy" directly on the site and it's listed in the results.  Searching the same string using the proper API doesn't return the show.  Rather frustrating for both of us, eh?

That said, if you're inclined, you can modify the appropriate profile file in your epCheck data folder and add the show manually.  Kludgy, yes, but it'll get you the show in your epCheck install.  Let me know if you can't figure it out and I'll give you a step by step.

Finally, if you're interested in testing the latest epCheck beta, read this post: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg368839#msg368839

wallman2001:
Thanks for the reply...I am not too sure how to do it manually, so if you could give me a step by step that would be great  :)

Oh and I have downloaded the beta and I am trying it out now...Love the new monthly view...Great Program!

J-Mac:
Just installed the beta with the monthly view. Can you please add the option to allow "Monday" to be the first day of the week? I hate calendars with Sunday as the first day!

Thanks!

Jim

skwire:
Thanks for the reply...I am not too sure how to do it manually, so if you could give me a step by step that would be great  :)-wallman2001 (December 10, 2014, 10:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

@wallman2001: Here you are.  If this proves too complicated, I'd be happy to do a TeamViewer session with you where I can remote in to your computer (with your permission and authorization, of course) and do this for you.

* Search for and add any show.  Make note of the show name and the profile name you added it to.
* Go to the Series tab, find the show, right-click and use the "Web Search > TVDB.com" option.  At the end of the URL is the show's ID number.  Make note of this ID number.
* Close epCheck.
* Use a file manager (Windows Explorer, etc.) to navigate to the "data" folder within your epCheck install folder.
* Open the <profile name>.txt file in a text editor.
* Find the line which corresponds to the show you just added.  Modify the ID and name as necessary.  Save the file.
* Open epCheck, choose the correct profile, and you should see a row with your desired show.  Right-click it and choose the "Refresh series data" option.
* Done.
Just installed the beta with the monthly view. Can you please add the option to allow "Monday" to be the first day of the week? I hate calendars with Sunday as the first day!-J-Mac (December 11, 2014, 12:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

@J-Mac: No promises, but I'll add it to my list.   ;)

wallman2001:
So I opened up epCheck to do the manual steps and it was refreshing the series data it came up with error:

There was a problem unzipping the series data. You might have to run epCheck as an administrator.

I am running as an administrator, so is this a serious issue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version