ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (47/82) > >>

skwire:
Hi epCheck dev, the program is really fun, thank you for your hard work.-Mike.S (November 18, 2014, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're very welcome.  I'm glad you find it useful.  Welcome to DonationCoder, too.   :D  And, I'm sure Jim was being quite sincere about his comment regarding your post.  I agree with him; it's a great first post.   :)

For no apparent reason and at various times the tooltip for "Search and add series" will pop up-Mike.S (November 18, 2014, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see this as well from time to time and I'm 99.9% positive it's due to the toolbar class I use.  I can ask the toolbar class author about it.

1 ... The ability to add our own (extra) series images, abiding by the image dimensions already specified. I think you can but they get deleted when the series is updated.-Mike.S (November 18, 2014, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, this is absolutely doable and add to my ToDo list.

It would be pretty cool to mouse over any elipsed text and the full line is revealed, maybe as a bubble/balloon tooltip.-Mike.S (November 18, 2014, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is easily doable with one caveat -- when a window is set to AlwaysOnTop, the tooltip doesn't work.  I think it's a bug/limitation within AHK, so, if you can live with that, I can add that.

3 ... The ability to Search for an episode title or for an episode title keyword that appears in various episodes, similiar to Find, Find Next, (Find All in Current Series) - similiar to text editor functionality.-Mike.S (November 18, 2014, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

This has been asked for before but I held off then to allow epCheck to mature a bit.  However, it might be time to reinvestigate adding something like this.  I've added it to my ToDo.

4 ... Series and Series Episode "Details" buttons - highlight a series from list, click "Series Details", the details would be something like Starring, From/To Dates, # of eps, etc. Click an episode, "Episode Details" might contain guest stars, etc. Possibly this info could be user created and maintained, stored in a file, the button might bring up the text in the default text editor, maybe something a bit nicer, a nice dialog box with preconfigured fields that are read from a file that the user will maintain and edit with a specified layout :-\-Mike.S (November 18, 2014, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like this idea.  However, I doubt I'd make it user-definable since I think most of the data you want is contained within the XML data files.  If it's missing, say, certain guest stars, I think it'd be preferable to add that data to TVDB.com so that all can benefit.

It might be a few weeks before I can get to any of this, though.  Work deadlines this week, holiday next week, NANY coding in December, etc.  In the meantime, have you checked out the latest beta?  If not:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg368839#msg368839

I already incorporated your ellipsed/tooltip feature into that build.  Cheers.   :D

J-Mac:
Darn if that isn't the most polite feature request I've seen!

Jim-J-Mac (November 18, 2014, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, looking at your sig I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Just so you know, I'm licensed to carry, and I've warn the nickel off the trigger :)
-Mike.S (November 18, 2014, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sarcastic at all! The post, that is. As for the signature?  Hmmm..   ;)

Jim

nickodemos:
Nice to hear that you might implement that search function I asked for a ways back.

Another request I was wondering about. Maybe Making the entire line/background of en episode another color for the last listed episode for us who are not keeping track of how long the season is. Not to mention so series have 13 then change to 18, then back to 13. Either way it would be nice to be able to see at a glance when a season finale is here.

wallman2001:
Hi...I have just started using your software and it is a great tool.  Just having one issue that I am not sure about.  I am searching for a show, i.e. Eye Candy  and it is on the TVdb site (http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=278448&lid=7) but it doesn't show it under the search, no matter what I try to search under.

Any thoughts?

nickodemos:
The URL is different so I imagine the program can not search it correctly.

Eye Candy:     http:// www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=278448&lid=7
Supernatural: http:// www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=78901&lid=7

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version