ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (23/82) > >>

skwire:
I really appreciate your enthusiasm for epCheck so I hope you're not too disappointed when I tell that most of your requests are somewhat out of scope for what I intended for epCheck.  I'll go through your requests...

Is there a way to add either a second tab for series or maybe have it so that if you right click on the series tab it will switch from "current/ongoing" to a "canceled/catch when I can" tab.-nickodemos (February 01, 2014, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have been rolling around in my head a sort of "profiles" type of functionality where you could save/load specific lists of shows.  In other words, you could make several lists to cover your needs: watching, watched, cancelled, etc.  I wasn't thinking additional tabs...more like a drop-down where you could select which profile to view.  No ETA at this time, though.

Another thought. If people keep using your program to keep track of shows new and canceled it might be nice to have a search functions on the story line.-nickodemos (February 01, 2014, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I really doubt I'll ever add something like this. IMO, this is way out of scope for epCheck.

Another edit. Just was looking and thgought about  maybe having the # and episode column set to a default minimum so as to be able to always have that information visible. Seen that many times when # hits three digits things get covered.-nickodemos (February 01, 2014, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since the widths of the listviews are automatically saved, just resize the column as you need.

The latest interim build is here and adds colouring to the main episode list: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/epcheck/epCheck_v1.1.0.42.zip

nickodemos:
I really appreciate your enthusiasm for epCheck so I hope you're not too disappointed when I tell that most of your requests are somewhat out of scope for what I intended for epCheck.  I'll go through your requests...-skwire (February 02, 2014, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

What can I say. When I find things that just work I tend to like to see them get fleshed out if they can be.

Nah. Never disappointed. I work as a moderator on a website and for the first two years I bombarded the owner on things that could be done or would come in handy. Maybe 1/30 ever seen the light of day. What he was able to get in there though made huge improvements.

So with that said, don't think I get upset when things I think of get shot down. After all if you don't have someone pointing things out, or nudging you a bit, you might not follow through on the ideas you have not implemented yet or might come at something from another angle.

Search function would have been nice but is a none issue. How about a workaround.

Noticed that the save to CSV only does one series at a time. If we could highlight what we liked one could select all and then search a CSV file.

skwire:
Noticed that the save to CSV only does one series at a time. If we could highlight what we liked one could select all and then search a CSV file.-nickodemos (February 02, 2014, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

You know...all the data you want is in the XML files in the data folder.  You could write a script or a parser to search through those.

skwire:
Since I haven't heard of any problems with these interim builds, I'm going to go ahead and promote it to a release.

Website | Download
v1.1.1 - 2014-02-04
    + Added a simple tracking ability to epCheck.  You can now set the
      watched/unwatched state using the checkboxes for each episode.
    + Added a "Show special episodes" option to control whether or not a
      series' special episodes are listed.  (Thanks, lanux128)
    + Added an option to give some control over how many banner images are
      downloaded for a series.  (Thanks, nickodemos)
    + Colours now apply to the Series tab episode list.
    * Broke out the search functionality to its own tab.
    ! Worked around an issue where the episode list would sometimes be
      loaded twice.

lanux128:
thanks for the new update! works well here.. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version