ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (22/82) > >>

nickodemos:
Nope. Works well. Like I mentioned before, with a program like this to track my shows I no longer need to use online sites for it. Or a heavy clunky program that does 'more'.

Small, clean, and does what it is ment to well.

Maybe one issue.

I noticed that on a few occasions that it would take a long time to launch. I am assuming that it is gathering information at this time from the web and updating information about the shows.

Is it possible to have that part working as a background thread while the GUI itself loads? Sorta like load last state and after GUI is active for xxx milliseconds it gathers the information? Maybe it is only noticeable for me since I am working on a older P4.

skwire:
I'm using it with no issues so far.   :)-msteph (January 30, 2014, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback.   :Thmbsup:

I noticed that on a few occasions that it would take a long time to launch. I am assuming that it is gathering information at this time from the web and updating information about the shows.-nickodemos (January 30, 2014, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, it only runs that routine after the GUI is shown so I'm not sure what is causing the slow startup.   :huh:

nickodemos:
Minor one.

If you change the setting for 'The' to be at the end it will not update the ones you had added before.

skwire:
@J-Mac: Will you please try this latest interim build and see if that resizing bug has been alleviated at all?  Thanks.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/epcheck/epCheck_v1.1.0.37.zip

If you change the setting for 'The' to be at the end it will not update the ones you had added before. -nickodemos (January 31, 2014, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not a bug.  You can rename a highlighted series by slow-clicking it twice or by pressing F2.

nickodemos:
OK. Maybe another feature request.

I mentioned once before how I like to go back through older series and watch them. This is usually a catch up with the episode by episode when the current running series are not active.

Is there a way to add either a second tab for series or maybe have it so that if you right click on the series tab it will switch from "current/ongoing" to a "canceled/catch when I can" tab.

Right now, for me, there is around a 100 in the current tab (many shows are British and tend to be 4-8 episodes long but take a year to get to the next season), and once I get around to adding all the canceled series it could balloon up to 250-300 shows.

So to boil it down it would/could be pretty convenient to be able to separate these. Also a slight boon would be that any series added to a second tab could be excluded from the auto refresh and weekly tab so manual updating would be needed.

Maybe even a chance at a third tab for all series previously watched in full so one could go back over them at a later date but not be bothered with them taking up space in the active ongoing tabs.

Another thought. If people keep using your program to keep track of shows new and canceled it might be nice to have a search functions on the story line. The idea being you know it was a TV show you seen but can narrow it down. If you did it on the web there would be many false positive. If you used epCheck it knows specifically which shows you seen and can narrow it down with keyword search.

I know this would probably be expanding on what your original intent was for this program but it if ideas are not presented.... Programs like yours will reach a matured state and updating will fall off so I am trying to get as many ideas/request in so that even after five years after the last update your program can still be successfully used.

Another edit. Just was looking and thgought about  maybe having the # and episode column set to a default minimum so as to be able to always have that information visible. Seen that many times when # hits three digits things get covered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version