ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (18/82) > >>

skwire:
Is there a way I can mark the episodes I already watched?-joby_toss (January 18, 2014, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not currently, but it is something I plan on adding.

ramothgold:
I must say a truly excellent application.. I am not much of an average television watcher. To be honest I despise commercials, so I record all of my series. I have been keeping track writing everything down in a notebook and crossing it off as I finish with each episode. This great little app lets me do all that and more. Keep up the absolutely fantastic work.  8)

wjamoe:
Thanks for this great program! I have one question(found a little bug in the weekly overview only), when I double click an episode title, the program start the browser (in my case opera)

e.g. castle (2009) s06e13 it jumps to
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=83462&seasonid=524533&id=13&lid=7

the banner is for castle (2009), but the description is for buffy the vampire slayer s01e(N-1) so in this case s01e12
for every episode s(M)e(N) always gives the correct banner with the description for buffy the vampire slayer s01e(N-1)

when selecting next episode and then previous episode the proper description is given.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=83462&seasonid=524533&id=4711670&lid=7
it looks like the id is different....

skwire:
Hi, ramothgold, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :D

I must say a truly excellent application.. I am not much of an average television watcher. To be honest I despise commercials, so I record all of my series. I have been keeping track writing everything down in a notebook and crossing it off as I finish with each episode. This great little app lets me do all that and more. Keep up the absolutely fantastic work.  8)
-ramothgold (January 20, 2014, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to post.  Regarding epCheck, I'm currently adding functionality that will allow you to keep basic watched/unwatched state for each episode.  I'll probably release that version on this thread for some beta testing before I push it as a full release so stay tuned.

Thanks for this great program! I have one question(found a little bug in the weekly overview only), when I double click an episode title, the program start the browser (in my case opera)
-wjamoe (January 20, 2014, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm very glad you find the application useful and thank you for the bug report.  As I just mentioned above, I've been making some major changes to epCheck and I think I might have solved this bug as well.  Keep an eye open for a beta release on this thread and you can tell me for sure. 

skwire:
I've added the watched/unwatched tracking to epCheck but, before releasing it on my website, I'd like to get a bit of beta testing done. The current download is here:

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/epcheck/epCheck_v1.1.0.21.zip

I would highly recommend making a copy of your current epCheck folder and then dumping this new build into the new folder.  That way, you won't mess up your current epCheck install.  Some thoughts:

* The watched/unwatched feature is as simple as it gets.  Enable the checkbox a row for watched, clear the checkbox for unwatched. I will not be adding colour, blinky lights, etc.
* You can highlight multiple rows in the episode list and use the right-click menu to set that selection as watched/watched.
* You can right-click the series name in the Series list and choose to mark the whole series as watched/unwatched.
* The watched/unwatched state of episodes is saved in the config.ini so, if you delete a series and add it back, your watched/unwatched states should still be there.
* You can mark episodes in both the Series and Weekly tabs and they should stay synched. Note that I say should...  Can you say, "Beta?"
Anyway...download it, give it a thrashing, and report any bugs you find.  Again, this is a beta, so please don't be upset if, for whatever reason, it loses track of your carefully crafted watched/unwatched states.  Because of the two listviews in play, this turned out to be a bigger pain in the ass that I initially envisioned so I apologise in advance.   :)  Please see below for other additions/fixes:

Website | Download
v1.1.1 - 2014-00-00
    + Added a simple tracking ability to epCheck.  You can now set the
      watched/unwatched state using the checkboxes for each episode.
    + Added a "Show special episodes" option to control whether or not a
      series' special episodes are listed.  (Thanks, lanux128)
    ! Worked around an issue where the episode list would sometimes be
      loaded twice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version