ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (51/82) > >>

skwire:
Monthly view is awesome. Thanks for adding this! :up:-ziffel66 (January 14, 2015, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :up:

It might be worth it to have a wrapper in a more robust language for tasks like this that would offload the actual long running task to a background thread...  would that be helpful?-wraith808 (January 14, 2015, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not really since the core of the issue is TheTVDB.com website's speed (at times).  Thank you all the same, though.   :D

dallas7:
So I came over here and found 1.1.5.163 and that seems to unzip all the data but epCheck does enter into (Not Responding) a half a dozen times or so.-dallas7 (January 13, 2015, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is two-fold:

* I use the 7-zip application to handle the unzipping so while it's actually unzipping a file, epCheck can't do anything but wait.  However, most of the zips are pretty small so the waits here shouldn't affect things much.
* The bigger issue at hand is that the TVDB.com site has been really slow lately.  Most of the Not Responding is epCheck simply waiting for the zip downloads to finish.
It's rather frustrating as there isn't a whole lot that I can do about it.  Sadly, the best advice I can give is to simply leave epCheck alone while it's doing the updates.
-skwire (January 13, 2015, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Got it.  Thanks for the explanation on the (Not Responding).

I was reporting, verbose as it was, no more unzipping errors as you requested in your #243, “...let me know if you see the error again.”

Is 1.1.5.163 “it” or should we be checking back for 1.1.6 cited in changelog.txt?

skwire:
Is 1.1.5.163 “it” or should we be checking back for 1.1.6 cited in changelog.txt?-dallas7 (January 14, 2015, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

v1.1.5.### will become v1.1.6 once I feel confident enough to release it.  I made a TON of internal changes so I'm a bit leery about it currently.

msteph:
Jody, I've had no issues at all with 1.1.5.163.

In looking at the new Monthly view, I wonder if a option could be added.  Right now, my Monthly view shows the daily programming for 5 weeks.  This is of limited use to me because a maximum of only 3 episodes of each day's programming is in view without scrolling and I have four days each week when I have 5 or more shows on those particular days.  IOW, a lot of scrolling is necessary if, for example, I wanted to verify that episodes of 'Revenge' are scheduled for the next few weeks.

What if the space in the Monthly view could be toggled to show a single day's schedule for the next few weeks?  All the space would be available for viewing Sunday's shows for the entire month.  Then I could see at a glance if 'Revenge' was going to skip a Sunday.

Of course, this can already be done in the Weekly view but one has to scroll down through all the days of the week to get to the desired next Sunday, etc.  

Anyway, just a thought.  

Mike

skwire:
Jody, I've had no issues at all with 1.1.5.163.-msteph (January 25, 2015, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good to hear.  Thank you for the report.  I haven't heard any horror stories with the beta so I really ought to get off my duff and release it.

What if the space in the Monthly view could be toggled to show a single day's schedule for the next few weeks?  All the space would be available for viewing Sunday's shows for the entire month.  Then I could see at a glance if 'Revenge' was going to skip a Sunday.-msteph (January 25, 2015, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I'm aware that the Monthly view text space is very tight with all those potential listviews.  That whole tab actually started as an experiment to see if I could manipulate that many listviews into an actual calendar without the code being (too) messy.  Ideally, for a calendar, one would probably use a control more suited to the task, i.e., not a listview.  Unfortunately, AutoHotkey doesn't have a better option that I'm aware of.  *shrug*

Of course, this can already be done in the Weekly view but one has to scroll down through all the days of the week to get to the desired next Sunday, etc.-msteph (January 25, 2015, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the better option would be to just view the given series in the Series tab where you can view the airdates and easily see if a given week is skipped.

As an aside, it looks like the TheTVDB.com folks have completed a server move recently and everything seems much faster in epCheck in regards to searching for new series and updating current ones.  Woot.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version