ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Imaging to a new SSD drive from SATA drive question

(1/2) > >>

techidave:
I believe this has been touched on before here about those services or programs you don't want running on a SSD drive with win 7.  As I understand you don't want profs like the defragmenter running on it as it will cause the drive to wear out early.

If I create a ghost image from a SATA drive with win 7, and ghost it back to the SSD, then does windows automatically see the SSD and "turn off" the necessary stuff?

mouser:
I don't know the answer to your question, which is a good one.

However: What brand is the SSD? Some manufacturers, like Samsung, have their own utility that you can use to ensure all the optimal settings are in place for the SSD.

techidave:
It's a samsung 840

techidave:
I checked the package and yes it does come with some performance and migration software.  i won't do the migration part but i will sure check out the performance part of it.

mouser:
Samsung Magician
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/5638/samsung-magician-4-2-first-look-new-ssd-toolkit-adds-rapid-mode/index.html

Install that and it will help you ensure everything is optimized and set up correctly for the SSD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version