ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

what can replace mp3info / mp3ext?

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
I really miss both mp3info and mp3ext, but they won't do their job on my 64-bits Win 7 Home Premium, because neither has been updated for 8 respective 10 years! Explorer can tell the bit rate, so the information that I miss the most is the sampling frequency. What do you use, in order to get easy informations from your mp3 files?

:tellme:

I only need informations about MP3 files.

4wd:
MediaInfo Lite

As a bonus it'll do all media files  :)

If I'm going to do anything more than look at MP3 information, I'll use MP3Tag.

AudioShell ?

Since the source for MP3Ext is available, one of the members here might recompile for x64 for you, (assuming it doesn't necessitate a major rewrite due to age).

Curt:
MediaInfo Lite-4wd (December 20, 2013, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

-thanks!  :up:

Innuendo:
dBpoweramp has as one of its components something similar (but in my opinion better) to AudioShell. Not free, though, but does a lot more. Conversion between different audio formats, etc. It's more of a full-service solution than just an Explorer extension.

Curt:
I am not English, but even I can see, this is wrong:

dBpoweramp integrates it's self with Windows Explorer
--- End quote ---

---------

What I really wanted to complaint about is the absence of the promised "Popup info tips"
-which also is where the quotation above came from:

dBpoweramp integrates it's self with Windows Explorer:

• Popup Info Tips hold the mouse over a supported audio file and dBpoweramp displays details:

--- End quote ---

I assume MP3 should be supported?
In real life the popup is still as it used to be:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version