ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Google Boomerang

Any chance for a Translator Boomerang update?

(1/2) > >>

kunkel321:
Hi Mouser,

I hope all is well.  I was hoping there might be a chance for a feature request RE Translator Boomerang...
In addition to the humor-factor involved with boomeranging translations, this tool also helps me create phrases that are likely to translate correctly.  (i.e. if the bommeranged phrase still makes sense, then the translated version of it is more likely to make sense.  I get the translated version from the "Debug Info" tab.  As shown in the image below, some of the Spanish characters are not correct.  Can this be fixed?  Or maybe I can fix it via my computer font settings??  IDK.

Thoughts? 
Thanks.

tomos:
Possibly to do with this?

Due to Google discontinuing their translation API, this application will stop working on December 1, 2011. (sorry, out of my control  :()
-app103 (May 28, 2011, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

kunkel321:
Yea, I read something about that...  But TB seems to still be able to translate (?)
The above image was captured just today.

kunkel321:
I was just playing around with TB some more...  It occurs to me that different languages yield different incorrect characters.  This suggests to me that I need to have the correct fonts loaded onto my computer....  Will try and report back. 

(Also, I still don't know why Translator B. Working at all, given the Google API issue.  Perhaps Mouser can chime in.)

mouser:
(Also, I still don't know why Translator B. Working at all, given the Google API issue.  Perhaps Mouser can chime in.)
--- End quote ---

i don't use google API, i fetch a normal web page query and parse the results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version